Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Yeah 21 productions are over from my understanding. You might be waiting till august / September for yours. I’m really sorry :/
When I talked to my dealer yesterday I was told my Gecko order was a MY21 and that it wouldn't be built until probably July at the earliest
Sponsored

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Yeah the problem was the dealership never gave me a VON :/
That is a problem... the only thing you could do was wait until it showed up... hopefully you'll get your Rubicon soon

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
When I talked to my dealer yesterday I was told my Gecko order was a MY21 and that it wouldn't be built until probably July at the earliest
I hope that’s not the case with mine, but maybe it is because of the new color u ordered?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If I were in your shoes I'd tell them that I expect a better deal. Since you're starting at square one again, you need some reason to not do that somewhere else that doesn't have a track record of screwing up orders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You should go somewhere else anyway you didn't get that good of a deal.
Right now it looks like I’m getting 6-7% off MSRP, thought that was pretty good? And now with their mess up, they are giving me $2,000 cash when I eventually pickup the new one

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Right now it looks like I’m getting 6-7% off MSRP, thought that was pretty good? And now with their mess up, they are giving me $2,000 cash when I eventually pickup the new one
With the extra $2k off looks like you're at invoice. Lots of people are getting 6-7% under invoice.....

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
With the extra $2k off looks like you're at invoice. Lots of people are getting 6-7% under invoice.....
I’m a bit confused, I’m paying $56,995 on a $61,125 Jeep plus I’m getting $2,000 cash and I’m still not getting a good deal?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of people are getting 6-7% under invoice.....
Huh...?

—PS: I had to double check this post wasn’t 2 years old.

Sponsored

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
Lol, we arn’t rich or anything but my sister and I have been investing since we were 14 when our parents taught us and since then put money in the market and we made enough to buy us these Jeeps… parents are very blue collar
You've been saving for this thing since you were a teenager... what's a few more weeks?! (But honestly, I'd be pissed off too...)

One thing I wanna mention... the stitched leather seats don't have the nicer door panels, Rubicon logo and some other red stitching, rear cupholder/armrest, gap hider, and a few other niceties that come with the standard leather packages. They also cost more than the standard leather despite being an overall downgrade. Not something you might have thought about sight unseen, and I'm not sure if it's too late to change or not.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You've been saving for this thing since you were a teenager... what's a few more weeks?! (But honestly, I'd be pissed off too...)

One thing I wanna mention... the stitched leather seats don't have the nicer door panels, Rubicon logo and some other red stitching, rear cupholder/armrest, gap hider, and a few other niceties that come with the standard leather packages. They also cost more than the standard leather despite being an overall downgrade. Not something you might have thought about sight unseen, and I'm not sure if it's too late to change or not.
Are you sure? They are priced the same online and in the configuratior they look the same inside besides a little different seat pattern… and both leather options do not come with the stitched red rubicon lettering, only the white grill now

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure? They are priced the same online and in the configuratior they look the same inside besides a little different seat pattern… and both leather options do not come with the stitched red rubicon lettering, only the white grill now
Positive. Here's one with the package you ordered:
https://www.academyjeep.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-tipton-in/55343411/

And here’s a few pictures of mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 46C3B76E-065A-4192-92E7-9752409C8314
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 7C0CC2AD-68EB-434B-BE39-E3B1E2F69972
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 7F0E2B91-423E-46CE-BAEB-D4E766646EBD

Note the armrest, doors and console. The dash also has vinyl trim and red stitching that isn't on the one I linked. A nice little bonus is that the backseat cup holders are very accessible from the front seat, with the seats folded down.

Would've been serious buyer's remorse for me if I'd found out I didn't have that after buying, so I wanted to make sure you were aware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Positive. Here's one with the package you ordered:
https://www.academyjeep.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-tipton-in/55343411/

And here’s a few pictures of mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???! 7F0E2B91-423E-46CE-BAEB-D4E766646EBD

Note the armrest, doors and console. The dash also has vinyl trim and red stitching that isn't on the one I linked. A nice little bonus is that the backseat cup holders are very accessible from the front seat, with the seats folded down.

Would've been serious buyer's remorse for me if I'd found out I didn't have that after buying, so I wanted to make sure you were aware.
Wait the stitched leather doesn’t come with the back seat cup holder / arm rest??

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait the stitched leather doesn’t come with the back seat cup holder / arm rest??
That is correct, although the dealer's pictures I linked don't show it all that well. If I recall correctly, Wranglers with stitched and perforated seats start life with cloth seats, which are then re-upholstered or replaced (can't remember which) before shipment. Black or tan leather with Rubicon stitching are required to get the other extras and it's all built that way together. The leather options are all made by Katzkin regardless of which option, and are of otherwise similar quality... I would have preferred the vented option, but it wasn't worth everything else I would have given up.

Hell, now that I think about it, it might get your build time down...
Sponsored