Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Umm, I thought you ordered White. This POC is for a Snazzberry.
Yeah that built sheet is the other guy in the comment’s showing me his VON #, mine is further up showing the white, but I didn’t even see the “2nd build” sheet this time because he went in and talked to the factory guys and ordered it the same as on the sheet this time… hopefully
Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Yeah that built sheet is the other guy in the comment’s showing me his VON #, mine is further up showing the white, but I didn’t even see the “2nd build” sheet this time because he went in and talked to the factory guys and ordered it the same as on the sheet this time… hopefully
Wow what a clusterf$%k! Hope it works out 4 u.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They sold the Jeep you ordered, either by accident or to someone who had to have it and was willing to pay. It was sitting there for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
They sold the Jeep you ordered, either by accident or to someone who had to have it and was willing to pay. It was sitting there for 2 weeks.
Could be a possibility but I really doubt it considering we worked with this guy before on my last Jeep and the car MSRP factory sticker had my name on it saying it was built specifically for me

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
This was my thought too. Did the dealership actually accept the blame for messing up? If they actually confirm and acknowledge they made an ordering error I would tell them they have a choice between it costing them $10k off the jeep or the entire jeep sale and take my order somewhere else.

Other than placing a new order for you, what has the dealership said about it?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Could be a possibility but I really doubt it considering we worked with this guy before on my last Jeep and the car MSRP factory sticker had my name on it saying it was built specifically for me
I think i remember correctly when we all started getting our ordered JLs that just because the sticker says "built for Jim Bob," that doesn't mean it is held back and only sold to Jim Bob. If it sits some amount of days, it is fair game.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This was my thought too. Did the dealership actually accept the blame for messing up? If they actually confirm and acknowledge they made an ordering error I would tell them they have a choice between it costing them $10k off the jeep or the entire jeep sale and take my order somewhere else.

Other than placing a new order for you, what has the dealership said about it?
The manager I sat down and spec’d it out with and bought it from and signed the sheet with was basically saying I don’t know what happened but I’ll take blame for it for now I guess, and basically whenever this new Jeep gets here he’s going to give me $2,000 in cash as well as dropping off a loaner car (probably some crappy Cherokee Jeep) whenever a VIN is created for the new one which could be like 1-2 weeks. Other than that didn’t seem real empathetic….

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Well, does the sticker on the second High Altitude say it was built for you? If you had a VIN check with your DMV.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I think i remember correctly when we all started getting our ordered JLs that just because the sticker says "built for Jim Bob," that doesn't mean it is held back and only sold to Jim Bob. If it sits some amount of days, it is fair game.
I completely understand that, but I put a deposit down on it as well as having the understanding that we would pickup both Jeeps the same day when I got home from college….. aka this morning

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Well, does the sticker on the second High Altitude say it was built for you? If you had a VIN check with your DMV.
Yes, first High Altitude had my sisters name on the MSRP sheet, and the second one had my name on the sheet, he did give me a vin for both Jeeps, and I know my sisters matched, but unfortunately I did not check the vin on the second Jeep because I was too frustrated to even think, let alone speak clearly

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I think this is absolutely hilarious! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Because it didn’t happen to me, of course...
Yeah if this happened to anyone but me I would probably be laughing too, but I got $3,000 worth of mods sitting in my room waiting to be put on and whenever the Jeep finally gets in if I don’t like the mods or something breaks that I bought I can’t even return them because the return timeframe would have passed by then…

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When I was in school I was ripping my couch apart trying to find enough change to buy a beer...so I really can’t relate. I get the frustration, but it’s only time and when they fix your order you’ll probably wind up with a 2022?
Yeah 21 productions are over from my understanding. You might be waiting till august / September for yours. I’m really sorry :/

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yeah 21 productions are over from my understanding. You might be waiting till august / September for yours. I’m really sorry :/
Well I better not be waiting till then… I move at the end of July to a new city far away for my new job… and they said the same 4-6 week time frame as the “first one” but this was a “special expedited one” and spoke to some head honcho over in Ohio or wherever factory
Sponsored