First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Good luck, Jeep’s don’t just “sit around”. When I was going for 2021 there wasn’t just brand new 2020 models just sitting around any dealerships unless you wanted a pre owned. Jeep’s hold their value regardless because of the demand, but now with the pandemic we’re seeing extreme over inflation because the supply is not keeping up with demand. Prices for new models is going up, confirmed. Also, the used models like my 2021 JLU with 6000 miles went from 35k new to being worth 43k used.
Yup so make more money is my solution.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just to add some information not pertaining to 2022 model order ability. There’s talk of a $2000 increase model wide, and customers are reporting that certain colors are not going through the system while trying to place orders nationwide. Billet silver is being denied right now for customers attempting to place orders. It’s apparent there’s a big vehicle production issue happening currently.
Yeah I feel bad for those who are ordering now. Hopefully it clears up towards the end of the year.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Billet silver is being denied right now for customers attempting to place orders. It’s apparent there’s a big vehicle production issue happening currently.
Jeep has been discontinuing a color when they add a color. Chief Blue was discontinued and replace by Nacho, Nacho was discontinued and replaced by Hydro Blue. Now that they added Gecko, it was likely that Jeep was going to discontinue a color.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Good luck, Jeep’s don’t just “sit around”. When I was going for 2021 there wasn’t just brand new 2020 models just sitting around any dealerships unless you wanted a pre owned. Jeep’s hold their value regardless because of the demand, but now with the pandemic we’re seeing extreme over inflation because the supply is not keeping up with demand. Prices for new models is going up, confirmed. Also, the used models like my 2021 JLU with 6000 miles went from 35k new to being worth 43k used.
Yeah, I know. I'm not in a huge rush - my truck now is in good shape, runs fine, etc. It's just getting up there in the miles and I've got the itch for something new. My dad also has a 3rd vehicle that I could borrow in the short term if my truck died for some reason and I needed to have the luxury of shopping around for a good deal. I've got 3 Jeep dealers within a ~45 minute drive of my house, and together they've got ~60-75 Wranglers on the lot right now.

I wouldn't be against used, either, provided it's low miles and has the features I'm looking for.

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Stillantis just reported further worsening chip shortage. Ford reports major production cuts by 50%. Bronco probably won't be out until 2023.

Get ready for dealer markups.

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Jeep has been discontinuing a color when they add a color. Chief Blue was discontinued and replace by Nacho, Nacho was discontinued and replaced by Hydro Blue. Now that they added Gecko, it was likely that Jeep was going to discontinue a color.
Nah, it’s something more that a color phaseout.

This is billet silver we’re talking about. It’s classic

You listed all the vibrant colors that we all know get phased out. But there’s a few colors that are just a given option regardless of year. White, black, and silver.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am 99.9999% sure uConnect5 will not be on the 2022 JL.

If we are very lucky, uConnect 5 will come to the JL during its’ mid-cycle refresh which should be sometime around the year 2023.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Any features or options you all would be excited to see in the 2022 models?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I am 99.9999% sure uConnect5 will not be on the 2022 JL.

If we are very lucky, uConnect 5 will come to the JL during its’ mid-cycle refresh which should be sometime around the year 2023.
They did say all 2022 models of every car they make would come with it but of course it wouldn’t be the first time they missed a goal

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
This could possibly be the worst time to look for a vehicle. I told my friends and family to start watching the market and possibly sell vehicles they don’t want or need to make some quick cash. The used market is going nuts. My 2nd vehicle went from being worth $5k to $8k within the last 2 weeks. The demand for vehicles is not supporting the supply right now and all markets are being effected.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
It won't.
Never say never :) I just prefer being hopeful it makes life more enjoyable. Worst case, there’s fewer units which make the price more expensive. Just gives me a reason to work harder

Ocog2181

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370z
Never say never :) I just prefer being hopeful it makes life more enjoyable. Worst case, there’s fewer units which make the price more expensive. Just gives me a reason to work harder
That's a good attitude to have. I prefer to work smarter but to each his own. Still want a good deal regardless of my bank account.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
That's a good attitude to have. I prefer to work smarter but to each his own. Still want a good deal regardless of my bank account.
Yeah I don’t want to overpay for being stupid, but if I need a car and they are simply more expensive because of more demand and less volume then so be it :)
Sponsored