First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few changes to compete with Bronco. It doesnt take many upgrades on the current JL to completely outperform the new bronco. Jeep would be foolish not to do so imo. But 37s as an options? I really doubt it. 37s destroy MPG and can cause a bunch of issues regarding safety. Then theres gearing, axles, suspension components.
Yeah then I’m waiting. Excited to see the releases.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few changes to compete with Bronco. It doesnt take many upgrades on the current JL to completely outperform the new bronco. Jeep would be foolish not to do so imo. But 37s as an options? I really doubt it. 37s destroy MPG and can cause a bunch of issues regarding safety. Then theres gearing, axles, suspension components.
I agree. 35s would also be highly unlikely. Hell, even the 392 comes with (only) 33s.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I agree. 35s would also be highly unlikely. Hell, even the 392 comes with (only) 33s.
Fair enough. Looking at 37s if I’m swapping out tires that’s the size I want but understanding that can also open a can of worms.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Fair enough. Looking at 37s if I’m swapping out tires that’s the size I want but understanding that can also open a can of worms.
You can run 37s on a Rubicon with a proper lift. lots of people doing it. But Jeep needs to do extensive testing for this, and I doubt theyll put them on the JL without upgrading axles, gears and suspension components.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I know this could just be a theory but I took it from this website. Do you think these options are actually probable?

What are the 2022 Jeep Wrangler changes?
According to the sources, the 2022 Jeep Wrangler gets the following highlights that we can expect in the production model:

• Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers with a Warn winch, and a steel belly pan
  • Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle locking differentials and 37-inch mud-terrain tires that wrap around custom 17-inch Beadlock wheels
  • A factory Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit and 37-inch tires combine to improve articulation
  • 8-speed automatic transmission and a 3.73 gear ratio
This smells like something that starts with Bull and ends with It.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Actually, I meant that it is unlikely that Jeep will have 35s as a factory option since even the 392 comes on 33s.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
You can run 37s on a Rubicon with a proper lift. lots of people doing it. But Jeep needs to do extensive testing for this, and I doubt theyll put them on the JL without upgrading axles, gears and suspension components.
Yeah makes sense. There’s a ton to good information on this forum if I decide to go the route of 37s. The minute I can place an order for 2022 model I am going to. Without hesitation. I really do like the new Cherokee L but I completely understand it’s a different car entirely.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Actually, I meant that it is unlikely that Jeep will have 35s as a factory option since even the 392 comes on 33s.
Yeah someone said there are rumors every year they’re going to add larger tires and other things but it never comes to fruition. Hopefully though they begin to add some additional options since Broncos seem to have a plethora to choose from.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Man this thread has been helpful. I can definitely wait for the 2022 MY - really hoping for a new blue shade similar to Anvil/Rhino from ~2015. If not, I'll be able to make a call between getting a *great* deal on a '21 model that the dealers want to move or just holding out to order a '22.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Man this thread has been helpful. I can definitely wait for the 2022 MY - really hoping for a new blue shade similar to Anvil/Rhino from ~2015. If not, I'll be able to make a call between getting a *great* deal on a '21 model that the dealers want to move or just holding out to order a '22.
Yeah I’m just waiting to hear something. We should know in the next three weeks at least that’s what I’ve been told.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A "sasquatch" like package for any trim (lockers,33s and small lift). Replace the rear LSD with a rear locker or non-clutch based LSD. Anything else is glitter. I could care less for 35s. Anyone with a Rubicon can add them and sell their 33s at a good price, and sport owners need a lift anyway to fit 35s.

I also don't care for whatever they want to do to the 392. The V6 and 2.0 Rubicons can do the same the V8 can do offroad. It is cool to have a V8 on a Jeep, but it doesn't give more offroad capability, towing, or anything. It is a collector's item. It even has a button to be "loud". meh.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
OFFICIAL PR around the MY change won't go out until 9/1 when they do their yearly model changeover along with the corresponding announcements. They've had 9/1 as their date for the last decade. ORDER guides will come out much sooner than that but the PR sometimes has news about late availability special editions and so on while the order guides will show what can be ordered immediately.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
getting a *great* deal on a '21 model that the dealers want to move
Good luck, Jeep’s don’t just “sit around”. When I was going for 2021 there wasn’t just brand new 2020 models just sitting around any dealerships unless you wanted a pre owned. Jeep’s hold their value regardless because of the demand, but now with the pandemic we’re seeing extreme over inflation because the supply is not keeping up with demand. Prices for new models is going up, confirmed. Also, the used models like my 2021 JLU with 6000 miles went from 35k new to being worth 43k used.

Last edited:

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Just to add some information not pertaining to 2022 model order ability. There’s talk of a $2000 increase model wide, and customers are reporting that certain colors are not going through the system while trying to place orders nationwide. Billet silver is being denied right now for customers attempting to place orders. It’s apparent there’s a big vehicle production issue happening currently.
Sponsored