Vehicle(s)
None

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
We have public insurance (sucks) here in Winnipeg, Canada. And for owners of brand new vehicles theres an option to get your remaining balance paid out should you write off your vehicle within the first 2 years. I also got with my vehicle purchase GAP insurance through my dealer. Basically pays out the remaining balance of your loan should you write off/lose your job/get disabled anytime during the length of your financing.

However new car replacement would be a sweeter deal.

Just wondering, do Wrangler owners have a preferred insurance company?
Man I honestly wish we had options to shop around like you folks do in the US.

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I just found this after seeing a few of our members suffering a total loss with their new Jls. Was an eye opener for me since my company doesn't offer New Car Replacement. Time to start shopping around for new coverage.

https://www.insurantly.com/new-car-replacement-insurance-policy-comparison/

AAA has the best total vehicle replacement coverage I have found.

They will cut you a check for the cost of a new identical vehicle if you suffer a total loss in the first THREE years and 60,000 miles.

When my wife totaled my three year old, 65k mile car, they paid me more than the car cost me because obviously in the years since I bought it, prices had increased. Even though we were over the mileage cap, we were in the middle of the policy term so the coverage hadn't dropped off yet. If you ever total a car, you won't come out any better than this.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Friends of mine totaled their JK (I think while off-roading) and had a hard time getting full replacement value for all of the aftermarket parts (don't remember what insurance company). They've switched to Donegal after researching insurance companies that would commit to covering those.

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

pejizzzy

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Pending!
Occupation
Insurance Agent, Dad, Husband
Alot of companies offer New Car Replacement or "Better" Car replacement, It's not built in to the policy, it's typically an added endorsement. I'm a Wrangler Enthusiast as well as an Insurance Agent. We've had a few claims and it works nicely. None were Wranglers thank goodness.

Side Note, First post on here, ordering my JLU any day now just have to figure out what I need vs what I want! I have it down to Wheel and Transmission options.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Thx to this thread I finally got off my fat ass and called my agent. Now both my new babies are fully covered! Cost increase was minimal and surprising.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I'm with USAA and feel that my rates are pretty good. They are quite a bit lower than when I was with Farmers...was with them for 20+ years. USAA also offers new car replacement so I have it on my F-150 as well as the new JLUR. I think the new car replacement portion is about $28 of the total cost of my policy every 6 months. Of course your rates are based on your driving record, credit score and the population of the county you live in. If you're ex-military, you're eligible for USAA.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Remember most programs like this are for a vehicle on the lot if you have put a lot of aftermarket products in I would make sure your policy covers those costs as well.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
Thx to this thread I finally got off my fat ass and called my agent. Now both my new babies are fully covered! Cost increase was minimal and surprising.
our post got me off MY lazy ass and I phoned State Farm. Retired, senior, no accidents, no tickets: adding new JL 2-door to three other vehicles- $320/6 months.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It seems every couple years, around this time of year, a giant hail storm will come through the area (Denver) and destroy everything in 20 square miles. Last year's was a doozy.

I was with Geico for 8 years but after 2 hail claims (no fault "acts of god") my insurance with them doubled and just about everywhere. I'm with American Family now which "only" had my insurance go up like $500 a year. I think I pay around $1,500 a year now which is ridiculous as I was well under $1,000 a year before.

Mid-30's
0 accidents, tickets, anything
800+ credit score
0 claims other than the 2 hail claims

So I'm definitely interested to hear thoughts and opinions on insurance.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
We have public insurance (sucks) here in Winnipeg, Canada. And for owners of brand new vehicles theres an option to get your remaining balance paid out should you write off your vehicle within the first 2 years. I also got with my vehicle purchase GAP insurance through my dealer. Basically pays out the remaining balance of your loan should you write off/lose your job/get disabled anytime during the length of your financing.

However new car replacement would be a sweeter deal.

Man I honestly wish we had options to shop around like you folks do in the US.
Shopping around for insurance is not as great as it sounds. It is more of a pain in the ass really. They all collude. Each make it complicated for everyone by having exclusions etc. that really make life hell. I like having options for some things. Insurance is not one of them.

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What does that mean exactly? Does that mean they could refuse to do so if they fancied, as it's not part of the policy?
It's not in the standard policy. You have to specifically request it and pay the cost.
Sponsored