Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Best thing to do with insurance is shop around and let them know your shopping for best price. I was with Allstate for a long time and when I first got a 4 door JK 6-7 years ago they jacked up my insurance to $120 month. I ended up with Geico and have remained with them and only pay $67 a month for full coverage and road side assistance and some others miscellaneous extras. Progressive kept hitting me up with their emails on how they can save me up to XXX amount. Let them do a quote and it was above $120 a month. Just my experience and observations over the years that its best to shop around.
The problem with that strategy is that you have no idea how you will treated if you need to use their service. If you expect less than average service and drive a cheap vehicle that may be a good strategy. However, if you value your possessions you will stay with a company that knows how to treat its members.
Sponsored

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with that strategy is that you have no idea how you will treated if you need to use their service. If you expect less than average service and drive a cheap vehicle that may be a good strategy. However, if you value your possessions you will stay with a company that knows how to treat its members.
Right, shopping around for the best insurance price quotes from the large nationwide insurance companies is just a stupid idea. Much like shopping around for the best price on a equally optioned jeep is terrible too. Cause if I pay less at another dealer I’m potentially going to get lesser quality of service based on your logic. Insurance companies are in competition for your business. They’re going to compete with each other for your dollar. Going with the first quote or heighest quote no more guarantee any better service than going with a lower quote.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
We use Chubb. Definitely not cheap. Last month my daughter’s 4 month old car was totaled while parked luckily. Learned a lot. We had an addendum regarding the totaling of any car under 12 months old. Who knew? We use a broker and he earned his fee. We received full cost of said car including tax and fees. Settled claim within 10 days and picked up her new car—newer model year—3 days later. Amazing.

One other thing we discovered is our policy has “agreed upon values” for each of our cars which gets adjusted down each year. Never knew they were there. But for a small additional cost, you can increase that value. Had we not had the addendum regarding new cars, we would have been on the hook for $6-7000.

Cheaper isn’t always best. For me it is all about the claim service.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Right, shopping around for the best insurance price quotes from the large nationwide insurance companies is just a stupid idea. Much like shopping around for the best price on a equally optioned jeep is terrible too. Cause if I pay less at another dealer I’m potentially going to get lesser quality of service based on your logic. Insurance companies are in competition for your business. They’re going to compete with each other for your dollar. Going with the first quote or heighest quote no more guarantee any better service than going with a lower quote.
Comparing coverage to price quotes exclusively when choosing insurance is fine however, understand that service and part quality can and likely will be compromised. I suggest talking with good body shops in your area to get a feel for which insurance companies work well with them.
Some insurance companies are very sneaky and will question every part being replaced and which could compromise the rebuild quality. Others, let the body shops do their work to the factory standard.

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Comparing coverage to price quotes exclusively when choosing insurance is fine however, understand that service and part quality can and likely will be compromised. I suggest talking with good body shops in your area to get a feel for which insurance companies work well with them.
Some insurance companies are very sneaky and will question every part being replaced and which could compromise the rebuild quality. Others, let the body shops do their work to the factory standard.
Firstly, I'm not shopping for insurance or quotes at this time nor requesting your advice on finding body shops. The OP is and he/she felt their quote was high given their driving record etc. I suggested he shop around with other companies for cost comparison sake which is a sensible thing to do in general. I'm not about to recommend a specific company as any research online for any company is going to yield some bad reviews/customer experiences. Personal experiences are subjective person to person on how they feel treated. People with bad experiences tend to be more vocal with reviews of bad service and experience.

As I stated previously, no matter what premium you're paying or company your with will be a guarantee of satisfactory service should you ever file a claim. Quality of service and parts is not a guarantee with any company. I certainly didn't advise the OP to shop "budget" level insurance companies which may or may not have sketchy business practices. He can certainly go to Progressive, Allstate, Nationwide....or whatever companies he/she thinks are reputable and get quotes for similar coverage they have with Geico. He/she may be very happy with the service they've had with Geico and wish to stay, but knowing what premiums the competition may offer can at least give him/her leverage to negotiate for a better premium.

Offer suggestions or advise to the OP who is asking for it instead of trying to lecture others whose suggestion to the OP your in disagreement with. The OP can decide what makes sense to them from the suggestion they receive.

Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I went with USAA just because I have both my other vehicles covered through them but I need to shop.. They are at and increase of $169 a month adding the JLU! I took it because I had the keys in my hand but I need to get out from under them quick before my first insurance payment is due LOL
We do pretty good with USAA. Our 2017 Raptor and my 2017 Scat Pack Challenger is only $112 a month (stationed in Puerto Rico). Will see how it changes when we get back to the States (hopefully TX) next year and I get my JLUR

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I hate GIECO. Besides their high premiums, they were requiring me to take my Pathfinder to one of their centers to inspect my vehicle for any upgrades like lift kits.

When I bought my house, Allstate gave me a great deal when I bundled my house and vehicly together. I hope GIECO goes bankrupt and closes for good.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Firstly, I'm not shopping for insurance or quotes at this time nor requesting your advice on finding body shops. The OP is and he/she felt their quote was high given their driving record etc. I suggested he shop around with other companies for cost comparison sake which is a sensible thing to do in general. I'm not about to recommend a specific company as any research online for any company is going to yield some bad reviews/customer experiences. Personal experiences are subjective person to person on how they feel treated. People with bad experiences tend to be more vocal with reviews of bad service and experience.

As I stated previously, no matter what premium you're paying or company your with will be a guarantee of satisfactory service should you ever file a claim. Quality of service and parts is not a guarantee with any company. I certainly didn't advise the OP to shop "budget" level insurance companies which may or may not have sketchy business practices. He can certainly go to Progressive, Allstate, Nationwide....or whatever companies he/she thinks are reputable and get quotes for similar coverage they have with Geico. He/she may be very happy with the service they've had with Geico and wish to stay, but knowing what premiums the competition may offer can at least give him/her leverage to negotiate for a better premium.

Offer suggestions or advise to the OP who is asking for it instead of trying to lecture others whose suggestion to the OP your in disagreement with. The OP can decide what makes sense to them from the suggestion they receive.
Let me sum it

I stare

Just shut up. I work with people like you everyday and its annoying. No one is being lectured. They are facts. take them or leave them I do not care. I do know that there are plenty of idiots being served by cheap insurance companies that prey on consumers.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
I Love Geico. AARP Defensive Driving, & a good credit rating helps. I've tried every body but State Farm. State Farm is really good if their insured runs into you.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one.

Between Progressive and Geico, which one is best at claims? Which one has recreational coverage excluding racing/competition?
Windshield coverage? Mods?
Sponsored