Sponsored

Racor Hoist System

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I went and got the 2x4’s to center it. So I span the joists that are running front to back but the 2x4‘s go left to right to span them. Then I attach the racor brackets running front to back at each corner into the 2x4 correct? so the racor will be held in place by 4 lag bolts total?
Sponsored

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
Is it hard to take on and off? I will always have someone to help at least push it over to line it up as long as it doesn’t take much effort. It would be my wife.
No, it isn't hard to take off and put on. I just have to line it up. My wife's vehicle has to be moved. Put some markings on the ground or wall to guide you like others have done.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went and got the 2x4’s to center it. So I span the joists that are running front to back but the 2x4‘s go left to right to span them. Then I attach the racor brackets running front to back at each corner into the 2x4 correct? so the racor will be held in place by 4 lag bolts total?
I wouldn’t do that, it should be fasten with all the lag bolts.
Mine isn’t centered in the garage bay, but I just move under the lift to raise it and then park in the center of the bay.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
If I remember correctly, the instructions say to secure the 2x4 across 4 joists if going that route. Mine is off center, and that is fine with me. We shuffle the vehicles, and I back in under the hoist. Parking nose under isn't an issue with the off center mounting.

Sponsored

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Have a question for you guys regarding this hoist. Sorry if it's been answered. I have a Smittybilt RTT mounted to a DeeZee rack on my hard top. Would it be possible to store the RTT on the platform of the hoist, then use the hoist to lift my hard top? I think this would be over the weight limit of the hoist but not sure. Any suggestions on how to make this a reality or will I have to do one or the other (store rtt or lift hardtop)? Thanks.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Have a question for you guys regarding this hoist. Sorry if it's been answered. I have a Smittybilt RTT mounted to a DeeZee rack on my hard top. Would it be possible to store the RTT on the platform of the hoist, then use the hoist to lift my hard top? I think this would be over the weight limit of the hoist but not sure. Any suggestions on how to make this a reality or will I have to do one or the other (store rtt or lift hardtop)? Thanks.
I think you answered your question ... weight limit is 250#.

About this item

• Adjustable - Mounts to any ceiling, adjust to angle ceilings with the built in nylon rings
  • Durable - High strength steel allows you to lift up to 250 pounds
  • Efficient - Raises and lowers by crank and includes all installation accessories

Sponsored

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I think you answered your question ... weight limit is 250#.

About this item

• Adjustable - Mounts to any ceiling, adjust to angle ceilings with the built in nylon rings
  • Durable - High strength steel allows you to lift up to 250 pounds
  • Efficient - Raises and lowers by crank and includes all installation accessories
Yeah I guess so..argh. Maybe I could put up one hoist for the hard top and one for the RTT. Hmm...

Or I could use the Racor to lift the RTT off, move the Jeep, then lower the RTT onto a cart I can build out of 2x4s and casters, then push it to the side in the garage. The hamster wheel is turning..

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I guess so..argh. Maybe I could put up one hoist for the hard top and one for the RTT. Hmm...

Or I could use the Racor to lift the RTT off, move the Jeep, then lower the RTT onto a cart I can build out of 2x4s and casters, then push it to the side in the garage. The hamster wheel is turning..
mid Yu have room, there are threads with folks using pallets racks (?) to store stuff.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I used two 2x6's and those are each held to the joists with 6 lag bolts. I then installed the Racor rails to the 2x6's. Of course after installing it I want to move it about 8" so that I can back in and not adjust to the side. It works great and I store the soft top and freedom panels on the shelf and hang the hardtop. I did buy the Topsy steel cams and the hinge hoist bracket kit and those have been great additions.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I bought the Racor lift and Topsy brackets a few months ago. I mounted two 5' long 2x4's to the ceiling joists in my garage. I was able to use 3 large lag bolts for each one. Then I mounted the Racor to the 2x4's using the supplied bolts. I also used 1" PVC with pipe insulation abound it; zip tied it to the bottom of the rack to prevent any scratching of the top.
Jeep Wrangler JL Racor Hoist System IMG_0199
Sponsored