Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Good day all!!!

I’ve got the 2.0l turbo JLUR.

Need help with finding a lift for 37s.

I’m looking at either long or short/mid arm.

I know long arm handles better and is better suited for off road but comes at a price... My guess is that there will be drilling and welding to relocate brackets. Let me know!

Asked around the local 4x4 shops here and they recommended the Alpine 3.5in CT3 w/ Falcon 3.3 shocks. It’s roughly $3700 for parts and labor...

I’m also interested in the Fox 3.0 setup but unsure of what is the best lift kit for these bad boys...

I use my rig to commute to and from work, lots of city/highway use and occasional adventures off road.

I’ve got about 9inches max of clearance until my Jeep won’t be able to go into my garage so keep that in mind. I’m currently stock on 33s.

I want to know your thoughts as I am open to any and all ideas... Thanks

H34dShot
Sponsored

Last edited:

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You should look at the rock Krawler kits really nice. I just did a xfactor no limits 2.5” w 37” tires. Marcus at River City Offroad was massively helpful.

6A754AAF-C489-4C31-BEDA-DABC3A59540F.jpeg

OP
OP
H34dShot

H34dShot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Nice okay! I heard about Rock Krawler’s reputation. Would you think this is the best brand to pair with those Fox 3.0 shocks?

Thanks !! @Rock Krawler Suspension

Reactions: TJP
OP
OP
H34dShot

H34dShot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Do you guys think Long Arms are worth the price you pay?

Teraflex were recommended to me, and looking at the price, it’s on par with a RK w/fox 3.0 I would say.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
i would suggest sticking with a mid arm kit there is not a lot out there right now in the long arm world

both the terraflex and rk kits are good quality kits, but i would highly recommend looking at one of claytons overland or entry level kits https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/category/jeep-jl-lift-kits

i have had their 2.5 overland kit on for about a year and a half now and about 25k + miles mostly on road but have taken it down some hard trails and it performs great and the ride is fantastic. they are a great company who i and many of my friends have used for years with little issues and are great at resolving any issues you may have.

the one big thing about the rk kit to look into is their joints and this is going to be the same reason i am not recommending the clayton premium kit, is they require a lot of maintenance with either greasing or full out replacement very frequently, and tend to allow road vibrations find their way into the cab. The joints they use are intended for more off road use so have less rubber or no rubber in them to absorb the bumps of the road but provide great flex off road.

OP
OP
H34dShot

H34dShot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
:rock::like::like:
i would suggest sticking with a mid arm kit there is not a lot out there right now in the long arm world

both the terraflex and rk kits are good quality kits, but i would highly recommend looking at one of claytons overland or entry level kits https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/category/jeep-jl-lift-kits

i have had their 2.5 overland kit on for about a year and a half now and about 25k + miles mostly on road but have taken it down some hard trails and it performs great and the ride is fantastic. they are a great company who i and many of my friends have used for years with little issues and are great at resolving any issues you may have.

the one big thing about the rk kit to look into is their joints and this is going to be the same reason i am not recommending the clayton premium kit, is they require a lot of maintenance with either greasing or full out replacement very frequently, and tend to allow road vibrations find their way into the cab. The joints they use are intended for more off road use so have less rubber or no rubber in them to absorb the bumps of the road but provide great flex off road.
Awesome I’ll definitely check those out, never heard of Clayton before but I’m glad I do now.

Thank you for your input I will definitely take a harder look when choosing which lift kit to get.

Learning as I go, thanks !

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
:rock::like::like:

Awesome I’ll definitely check those out, never heard of Clayton before but I’m glad I do now.

Thank you for your input I will definitely take a harder look when choosing which lift kit to get.

Learning as I go, thanks !
Here's my Clayton 2.5 kit on 38s putting in some work. I agree with @Sheepjeep this kit is built right.
@Clayton Off Road

20200419_145241.jpg

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good day all!!!

I’ve got the 2.0l turbo JLUR.

Need help with finding a lift for 37s.

I’m looking at either long or short/mid arm.

I know long arm handles better and is better suited for off road but comes at a price... My guess is that there will be drilling and welding to relocate brackets. Let me know!

Asked around the local 4x4 shops here and they recommended the Alpine 3.5in CT3 w/ Falcon 3.3 shocks. It’s roughly $3700 for parts and labor...

I’m also interested in the Fox 3.0 setup but unsure of what is the best lift kit for these bad boys...

I use my rig to commute to and from work, lots of city/highway use and occasional adventures off road.

I’ve got about 9inches max of clearance until my Jeep won’t be able to go into my garage so keep that in mind. I’m currently stock on 33s.

I want to know your thoughts as I am open to any and all ideas... Thanks

H34dShot
I don’t have anything against any other lift kits, I’m just giving you feedback on mine.

I’m also in the RK camp, I’m on the 3.5” XFactor. It really is an awesome kit . I’m running their RRD 2.25 shocks, the highway ride is great, and off-road capability’s are next level.......

CAA1B613-E017-4BAB-86E4-AD934F185F13.jpeg

56AC8373-D463-49BB-BCC4-C0FE00DDABE8.jpeg

I also agree that Marcus @River City Offroad is great, and will treat you right.

Reactions: TJP

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm going to say you don't need a 3.5" lift on a Rubicon to run 37's. Another great lift to Consider is Metalcloak. I'm running there 2.5" springs and rocksport shocks

OP
OP
H34dShot

H34dShot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
I'm going to say you don't need a 3.5" lift on a Rubicon to run 37's. Another great lift to Consider is Metalcloak. I'm running there 2.5" springs and rocksport shocks
Hey!! I’m looking into metal cloak as well. The guys here at the local off road shops love the metal cloak setups...

I wanted to rock the 3.0 fox shocks but they say it’s only good for 3in and below lift kits...

So they quoted me for Fox Factory Race 2.5 remote reservoir shocks.

Tough choices here!! Keep the inputs coming!!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey!! I’m looking into metal cloak as well. The guys here at the local off road shops love the metal cloak setups...

I wanted to rock the 3.0 fox shocks but they say it’s only good for 3in and below lift kits...

So they quoted me for Fox Factory Race 2.5 remote reservoir shocks.

Tough choices here!! Keep the inputs coming!!
The metalcloak lift is great. I’m new to it. For the best info on their lift an shock parings talk to @rustyshakelford He is very knowledgeable and a great member that is willing to help and answer questions for “newbies” like us

OP
OP
H34dShot

H34dShot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR
Hey all,

Been doing a lot of digging lately here in the forums. All these kits are top notch and I’m now leaning more toward the Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5.

Is this a true 3.5in lift - I heard it’s higher. I’m on stock 33s right now, looking to get 37s w/this lift. Ive got about 9in left before it won’t clear my garage.

Also if anyone or @Metalcloak has recommendations on aftermarket shocks please chime in. Looking at @Fox atm but I’m open to all inputs.

Thx

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey all,

Been doing a lot of digging lately here in the forums. All these kits are top notch and I’m now leaning more toward the Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5.

Is this a true 3.5in lift - I heard it’s higher. I’m on stock 33s right now, looking to get 37s w/this lift. Ive got about 9in left before it won’t clear my garage.

Also if anyone or @Metalcloak has recommendations on aftermarket shocks please chime in. Looking at @Fox atm but I’m open to all inputs.

Thx
Most lifts will give you more than advertised if you are completely stock because they account for adding heavy skid plates, steel bumpers, a winch, etc. I have the 2.5” lift on my rubicon and I know I got more than 3” of lift from it, but I don’t have a bunch of heavy add ones. I am also running 37’s

Here is my jeep with the metalcloak 2.5” springs.

7F9EAAEF-0746-41D7-B084-DDB0D67D68CB.jpeg
Sponsored