First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door unlimited sport
Occupation
HVAC technician
Hi guys I just bought my first Jeep this year! Recently I put 33” tires on my wrangler (Cooper APT 285/70/R17). I do plan on going bigger in the future. Only did the 33” because I was sick of the stock tires. Now I want to get a lift kit. I want to do some off roading because I have a few buddies that go. Originally I was thinking a 2.5” lift. Now I’m thinking a 3.5” lift, here’s how I’m thinking. I want be be able to run 37s if when I decide to get bigger tires and I don’t want to put a 2.5” lift on and have it look like I barely did anything. So how would it look with a 3.5” lift and 33” tires. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aaron [•iii•]
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC technician

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aaron [•iii•]
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC technician
That's with 2.5 lift and Rubicon 33 wheels and tires on my Sahara. It sits up higher than a stock rubicon.

part0(1).jpg
Looks nice! How big of tires could you put on with a 2.5” lift without issues? I know you could need to replace the front bumper and other variables but in general how big could I go?

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Looks nice! How big of tires could you put on with a 2.5” lift without issues? I know you could need to replace the front bumper and other variables but in general how big could I go?

The biggest I will go is 35. When these are wore out.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Skyjacker 2.5” lift with max shocks. Rides great, I can wheel 35s comfortably and fit 37s easily - may not have a lot of flex with 37s but wouldn’t have any issue putting a set on.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys I just bought my first Jeep this year! Recently I put 33” tires on my wrangler (Cooper APT 285/70/R17). I do plan on going bigger in the future. Only did the 33” because I was sick of the stock tires. Now I want to get a lift kit. I want to do some off roading because I have a few buddies that go. Originally I was thinking a 2.5” lift. Now I’m thinking a 3.5” lift, here’s how I’m thinking. I want be be able to run 37s if when I decide to get bigger tires and I don’t want to put a 2.5” lift on and have it look like I barely did anything. So how would it look with a 3.5” lift and 33” tires. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
It's going to look a little funny with the 3.5" lift on the Sport since most springs are measured off base Rubicon height(Which sits 1.5" higher than the sport from the factory.) With that said you are looking at closer to 5" of lift if they are basing the spring height off the Rubicon. For reference we installed the 2" Rancho Sport springs on my wife's sport and it gave her a good 1"+ over the previous 2.5" spacer lift she had on which gave exactly 2.5".
If you are going to go with Rubicon or higher clearance fenders you can probably get away with the 2.5" lift. If you plan on keeping the Sport fenders and going offroad I would go with the 3.5" and plan on adding a fair amount of bumpstop extensions to the kit. I had a 3.5" kit & 37's, and even with the included 3" bumpstops I still touched the fenders at full articulation.

Just my 2cents

OP
OP
Aaron [•iii•]
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC technician
It's going to look a little funny with the 3.5" lift on the Sport since most springs are measured off base Rubicon height(Which sits 1.5" higher than the sport from the factory.) With that said you are looking at closer to 5" of lift if they are basing the spring height off the Rubicon. For reference we installed the 2" Rancho Sport springs on my wife's sport and it gave her a good 1"+ over the previous 2.5" spacer lift she had on which gave exactly 2.5".
If you are going to go with Rubicon or higher clearance fenders you can probably get away with the 2.5" lift. If you plan on keeping the Sport fenders and going offroad I would go with the 3.5" and plan on adding a fair amount of bumpstop extensions to the kit. I had a 3.5" kit & 37's, and even with the included 3" bumpstops I still touched the fenders at full articulation.

Just my 2cents
Great info! I definitely have some more to think about now. Thanks man I appreciate the help!