Sponsored

Ya'll will probably hate me, but here goes...

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
yeah if you want to tow anything you probably need to avoid the wrangler. The rating is pretty low relative to the drivetrain, but i dont know exactly how they calculate the capacity.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
First and foremost, you have to decide if you want a truck (Gladiator) or a four door SUV (Wrangler Unlimited). Any Gladiator model can tow more than any Wrangler Unlimited and the bed provides more payload. Any of the Jeep vehicles you mentioned can handle the terrain you mentioned, but the Wrangler Unlimited is more capable because it has a shorter wheelbase than the Gladiator. If you decide on a Wrangler Unlimited, don't get hung up on the engine choices. Both engines are more than capable.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Class 4 hitch? You'll need a Gladiator.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
This is exactly my sentiment. As much as I rag on the JK, I’m glad Jeep released it when they did. The JK ensured the Wrangler’s continued existence and refinement into the JL.
Not only that, it single handily saved Jeep. At the time of it's release in 07, Jeep was in bad shape with with an aging Grand Cherokee and a Commander which never really sold in large numbers. The rest of the lineup was filled with crap (liberty, patriot, and compass). If they didn't come out with the 4dr wrangler they most likely never would have made it through the recession. Personally, I think it's simplicity has made it age remarkably well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jabakkarabbit

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
You should buy a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon. It’s the only manly choice. Besides, God kills a kitten every time someone buys a 4 door.
This was mentioned a couple of times here, but 2 door seems like a dealbreaker when car seats and kids have to fit in the back. Am I missing something here?

OP
OP
Jabakkarabbit

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
The 4 cylinder is pushed for fuel economy. btw it has more power than the 6.
Auto trans are ordered because that’s what most people want these days.
Wranglers will only come with a class 2 receiver,3500 max tow but only on certain models.
gladiators have different tow ratings depending on trim as well.
This is certainly a factor, the tow hitch and towing capacity. I'm going to have to do some research on the 4 cylinder, though. I had a 4 cylinder Tacoma a handful of years ago and was big time let down. And Auto is not a dealbreaker, but Manual would be nice.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

You should buy a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon. It’s the only manly choice. Besides, God kills a kitten every time someone buys a 4 door.
I hate cats! so good thing i bought a JLU. In fact, now that i know this little factoid, i may have to go purchase another JLU or two

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I hate cats! so good thing i bought a JLU. In fact, now that i know this little factoid, i may have to go purchase another JLU or two
Guess I’ll be returning your Christmas gift.

9EA00BE8-3629-4DCC-A0E8-3C1DC9B0E9B4.gif

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
This is certainly a factor, the tow hitch and towing capacity. I'm going to have to do some research on the 4 cylinder, though. I had a 4 cylinder Tacoma a handful of years ago and was big time let down. And Auto is not a dealbreaker, but Manual would be nice.
there are several threads on towing here, you might give them a look.
I personally pull a 3k lb camper using a WD hitch with no problems.
I’ve also driven several rentals with the 4cyl automatic and they are definitely quicker off the line than my V6 std.

Trek68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm more of a dog person any way. He loves the back seat of my JLU. ;)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I thought it was everytime someone masturbated.

... guess I'm not a kitten killer then.

But he's right you know, 2dr Rubi or bust, and don't forget to get a MANual as well