Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ?

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
For what it’s worth I picked up my XR yesterday and absolutely love everything about it. Already 500 miles, 100 or so on the trail today and the rest on the highway driving home yesterday. It rides absolutely perfect in both environments in my opinion. I wouldn’t ever order one without the XR package again. 80 on the highway and crawled some decent rocks without any issue today. Get it… you won’t regret it
Thank U Sir. Glad to hear that your digging it. I went ahead & got it! Lol .. Now the wait begins. Hopefully, will see it sometime this year? Lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Package ( Worth the $$$ ) ? 3E368392-108A-4DBE-B4BA-BE0BC95B6651
Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Thx for the input. By the way , no way would I do a 84 month. That’s just nuts!

Im doing a 96! Lmao 🤣
If I could find 101 payments, then I could afford a 392 with XR package, I would have to trade my current ride in.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
doesn't the Willys package still include the big brakes? it did when i got mine,...
and with a diesel, the Willys includes a D44 in the front, too.

however, chunky 35s (Mickey Baja Boss MTs) rubbed the LCAs at full lock even with 'bent' LCAs, and do just *barely* touch the fenders at full stuff even with ~3" of lift.

I'll be ordering a Willys XR as soon as Gobi drops. I think the XR package is an unbelievable value for those of us that want the beefier axles, bigger brakes, small lift, and 35" tires, but don't want a Rubicon.

Skimdiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon Unlimited
I forgot to mention in my review that the upgraded brakes are impressive as well. I already thought the standard rubi JL brakes were good, but the XR’s upgraded brakes have better feel and stopping power.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
You will, mine took exactly 9 weeks from order to arrival.
Thx ,,, may I ask, How has your MPG been with the XR? From what I am reading, it’s seems like I am in for a surprise, compared to my 2.0 2dr Rubi (20-21 highway), I have now.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Thx ,,, may I ask, How has your MPG been with the XR? From what I am reading, it’s seems like I am in for a surprise, compared to my 2.0 2dr Rubi (20-21 highway), I have now.
I’ve been getting about 17mpg on average, but I drove almost 100% surface streets so far. I work about a mile from home so I mainly drive there and back a few times a day.

on the freeway, I’ve seen the computer give me an estimated 23mpg when I cruise at 70mph. It drops to 18ish pretty quick if I push north of that.

OP
OP
dshark1

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I’ve been getting about 17mpg on average, but I drove almost 100% surface streets so far. I work about a mile from home so I mainly drive there and back a few times a day.

on the freeway, I’ve seen the computer give me an estimated 23mpg when I cruise at 70mph. It drops to 18ish pretty quick if I push north of that.
Thx for the info … Much appreciated

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
doesn't the Willys package still include the big brakes? it did when i got mine,...
and with a diesel, the Willys includes a D44 in the front, too.
All I can go by is the Ordering Guide, and best I can decipher...
Sport (including Willys) Sahara, and Rubicon all get the BR6 Disc brakes.
Rubicon 392 gets the BR4 performance disc brakes
...and the XR package includes the BR4 performance disc brakes.

YMMV

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Well I guess logical to you. You also made some assumptions. I guess if people don’t live like you, they must be wrong in your eyes. I hate to hear your views on politics 😂😂😂
What assumptions? One of the responses to me was "When you fill my bank account....." meaning the vehicle that was purchased, the original JLUR XR comment responded to, was over purchased and cost more than the value gained form it. I did not call anyone wrong nor did I make any accusations. AGAIN, I stated that spending money on something you will not use to its potential is, in my opinion, illogical. I'm sure you would hate to hear my logical view on politics or life in general. It seems that logic offends you in the manor that you jump to conclusions without taking things as they are written. I digress, this is a Jeep forum and not a life lessons forum......

To the OP.

The XR package is worth it if you plan on doing the upgrades anyway and using them. The XR package is roughly $4000

To add these to your Rubi
315/70 R17 BFG AT K02 x 5 $2000
Beadlock wheels x 5 $2000
Re-gearing $1,200-$1,800
2.5" lift +/- $2000

You could subtract a bit for selling the original wheels and tires, but it is still a benefit to have get the XR package with the warranty.

Tychon

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You will, mine took exactly 9 weeks from order to arrival.
When did you order? I am ~3 weeks into my order and was expecting a minimum of 3 months. This 9 weeks has me all excited now!

Tychon

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Also I didn't see anyone mention the tailgate reinforcement. That's another $600 value. Several people mentioned the 4.10 being able to run 35's, but that just means the 4.56 can run 37's. I had planned to lift and put 35s on my 2020, so the XR is a blessing in my eyes. Plus with used car prices higher than new car prices right now, it was a no brainer for me. Ultimately I would ask myself where you see your Jeep in 5 or 10 years. The XR takes care of a lot of expensive upgrades and does so for a very good deal, plus maintains your factory warranty.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
When did you order? I am ~3 weeks into my order and was expecting a minimum of 3 months. This 9 weeks has me all excited now!
I placed my order on Oct 2nd I believe. I got it from the dealer on Dec 6th.
Sponsored