Wrangler vs Gladiator?

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
As a non-truck/non-offroading, city dwelling, winter climate living, dog loving, convertible lover... I seriously considered the Gladiator before settling on the JLU. I was worried about parking it in an urban parking garage, and my brother has a Silverado. The JLU is shorter and easier to manuever in tight places.

I think much the way the Ford Maverick isn't for real truck people... I don't think the Gladiator is either. They're pickups focused at people who wouldn't normally buy a pickup.
Sponsored

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
May not be a popular opinion but facts are facts... a gladiator is not a jeep for "jeepers" and it's not enough of a truck for people who want a truck.

Its trying to grab that market that tge scrambler did back in the day... reality is they were not great sellers back then. Honestly it might of been smarter to make it a 2 door.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Iā€™m in the camp that thinks the gladiators are FUGLY until theyā€™re lifted and on 40ā€™s, then they suddenly look amazing.

Still donā€™t think Iā€™d buy one though.

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Dumb question, but does the Gladiator ride better than a JLU or does it have the same steering issues as the JLU? We don't take my wife's JLU Sahara on longer trips because I hate driving it on the highway, I feel like I'm constantly trying to keep it in the lane. Don't get me wrong, I love her Jeep, it's fun, but it's not for me on long trips. Wondering how the Gladiator compares.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
There are Pro's and cons to each. I have a Gladiator and love it, wife has a JL and loves it. You can build either to pretty much do what you want, with a few exceptions.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
People with a two door say the four doors too long people with a four-door say the gladiators too long. People with a Gladiator say the four-door is too short people with a four-door say the two doors too short.

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The problem is they're ugly.
Jeep made the owner drive the front part of a JL and added a short bed.
A totally unique vehicle would do better.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I like em !!! and last years sales were about 1 Gladiator for every 2 Wranglers so they are selling great and are going nowhere
I have a 2020 Ram Classic Hemi 4x4 mega cab I got for 29k new which way does truck better than Gladiator and I can't justify a move like that right now with a JK and JL in the driveway but.....
Get a hot color like Tuscadero or Mojito! on them and a base unit with Extreme Recon and I may just reconsider my stance
They are Jeeps !!! - our 4 doors are Jeeps as much as the 2's too!
Trevors Jeep Kaiser M-715 is definitely a Jeep too - but thats about it
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler vs Gladiator? Trevors Jee

Best not to say otherwise too ! šŸ˜²

The White Rabbit

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Mojave JT
As a non-truck/non-offroading, city dwelling, winter climate living, dog loving, convertible lover... I seriously considered the Gladiator before settling on the JLU. I was worried about parking it in an urban parking garage, and my brother has a Silverado. The JLU is shorter and easier to manuever in tight places.

I think much the way the Ford Maverick isn't for real truck people... I don't think the Gladiator is either. They're pickups focused at people who wouldn't normally buy a pickup.
Yes and no. Itā€™s built on a frame and is definitely a pickup and it definitely can tow. I traded my Ram 2500 crew cab long bed 4x4 for the gladiator, because it is fully capable of doing the truck stuff I need it to do but now I can do Jeep stuff too. Best of both worlds no compromise except in interior space. The gladiator also is very manageable in a parking garage, cameras are definitely a plus but itā€™s just as narrow as your JLU and turns at a surprisingly tight radius.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Mojave JT
There are lots of JT Diesels, just not Mojave for whatever reason.
To me itā€™s clear that the Mojave was designed for a hemi but the political climate changed dramatically and that, unfortunately will no longer happen. I may be ignorant because my Mojave is my first Jeep, but, I donā€™t have any problem with the power of the 3.6, itā€™s handled everything Iā€™ve thrown at it as far as towing and off-roading. I did change my rear springs to max tow springs to minimize squat while trailering but it works wonderfully. That being said, if it does get a hurricane in the future, I will upgrade, if not, maybe a hemi swap after itā€™s paid off.
Sponsored