Wrangler Tantrum?

Hurley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Anyone else out there ever have their Wrangler through a tantrum? Throwing every warning light and error message it can. Won't shut 'Off', only goes to ACC untill that times out. Then won't start again. And to make it much more fun it's an intermittent thing.
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Christmas trees on the dash are usually a low voltage issue. Either a bad 12v battery or a poor electrical connection to the battery (loose fuse, damaged/loose wiring connection)

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Weird-do the fuse check first-it will cause all sorts of goofiness.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
check the battery connections. Happened in my JKU and it was a result of a loose connection to the negative terminal

Sponsored

josh405

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU sport s, 2021 Ram 1500 Built to serve
Our 2022 did this, tech found a shorted wire behind the glove box that took down the whole CAN BUS the shorted wire went to a module in the rear quarter panel. Repaired the wire and all is good. I only hope it never happens again

04JRB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just went through this. In my case, it was a connector that was faulty. It recorded 35 codes, and the BCM was involved in most of those. Part took a while to get unfortunately, took 4.5 weeks total until I picked it back up.

Everything seems fine now, and has been for about 3 weeks.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Anyone else out there ever have their Wrangler through a tantrum? Throwing every warning light and error message it can. Won't shut 'Off', only goes to ACC untill that times out. Then won't start again. And to make it much more fun it's an intermittent thing.
Mine has not worked in 2 years.
I've taken it to Jeep a few times and they tell me... we can replace your battery, but the Jeep ACC system is worst implementation on the planet, so unless you are commuting to work each day, it's just going to stop working again in a month of two. I don't have any warning lights that it's deactivated or anything. It just doesnt do anything. I am ok with it this way.
I'm just happy none of the suspension bolts fell off like on my JK, so I take the ACC issue as normal for Jeep QC and design.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Yes and it nearly killed me because it did so at 70mph twice. Needless to say I have another Jeep now.

It was an issues that could not be officially “tracked down” to any one source but we all know that it was caused by loose fuses. Sadly as myself and many other have learned after it happens even pushing the fuses in completely does note always solve the issue because the damage is now done to the BUS system.

The only way Jeep acknowledged my issue as real is because I had videos of it actually happing while I was driving. I still have the videos because many Jeepers don’t believe it could or does happen.

Last edited:

Jeepjlusplit18

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jlu
I had the same problem dealership told me it was a bad connector in the can bus that is behind the glove box after spending 112 dollars to get new connector and wire it didn't fix the problem. It was the can bus that was bad the dealership said the only way to get one is to buy the whole wiring harness at the price of 1600 after searching every junkyard on the east coast I was able to find a guy on ebay and got a used wiring harness for 300 switched out the green can bus and all the codes and warning lights went away I did everything from changing batteries and alternator to adding ground straps checking all fuses. Good luck hope this helps.

20220602_170817.jpg

OP
OP

Hurley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I had the same problem dealership told me it was a bad connector in the can bus that is behind the glove box after spending 112 dollars to get new connector and wire it didn't fix the problem. It was the can bus that was bad the dealership said the only way to get one is to buy the whole wiring harness at the price of 1600 after searching every junkyard on the east coast I was able to find a guy on ebay and got a used wiring harness for 300 switched out the green can bus and all the codes and warning lights went away I did everything from changing batteries and alternator to adding ground straps checking all fuses. Good luck hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler Tantrum? 20220602_170817
Would you be able to tell me where that's located?
Sponsored