OP

BradBrown

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2019
Hi all, i am just confused. I think a wireless dongle is great, but i am considering how to get my phone charged in driving while connect wirelessly. maybe a wireless charging pad? I don’t like those as they heat up the battery so much and doesn’t even charge that fast...
Sponsored

Tom Barry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangle 2018
I have to say that the connection of cplay2air was a nightmare. You better avoid it.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have to say that the connection of cplay2air was a nightmare. You better avoid it.
Agreed. When I originally used it things were good, but it seems after a few uses it starts having connection issues and for me was so frustrating I just went back to wired. That technology isn't perfected as of yet from my experience.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
None of those wireless adapters working correctly with the 392.

It connects and then randomly disconnects/reconnects. Been through a total of 3 of them from two different brands. I've updated them and everything.
Are you using the front panel USB or the center console? Many of us have had issues like this with the center console port. Some have had success (including me) by using this USBA-C adapter in the center console and a short USB-C cable. I have had no problems at all after using this adapter. I have no idea why it works, but it fixed the issue for me anyway (and many others).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W2SNQM3

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9SB161

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi all, i am just confused. I think a wireless dongle is great, but i am considering how to get my phone charged in driving while connect wirelessly. maybe a wireless charging pad? I don’t like those as they heat up the battery so much and doesn’t even charge that fast...
Maybe an Apple thing but I charge my Android every night on a wireless charger and it never gets warm.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I’m looking to upgrade my car stereo and looking for a good wireless CarPlay stereo. Anyone update to one lately?
Another option is going with a Pioneer W4600 or W4660 HU with the AXPIO-JL1 kit. It's a plug and play option to replace the HU and these Pioneer units have wireless Carplay. I have a 4660 ready to go with Infinity speakers for the dash and soundbar ready to go. My JLURD ships 1/21. I will be doing a write-up on the install.

https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXPIO-JL1

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Are you using the front panel USB or the center console? Many of us have had issues like this with the center console port. Some have had success (including me) by using this USBA-C adapter in the center console and a short USB-C cable. I have had no problems at all after using this adapter. I have no idea why it works, but it fixed the issue for me anyway (and many others).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W2SNQM3

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D9SB161
I got a USB-c cable. I will try that. But I have no issues if I just cable to my phone directly.

cylon58

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I just traded my 2021 F150 Platinum (with wireless carplay) for a 2022 Wrangler Rubicon. A couple things:

1. I miss wireless Carplay a LOT
  2. Using wireless Carplay and wireless charging at the same time causes overheating issues (there's a video on Youtube explaining this, but it has something to do with wireless carplay using wifi and bluetooth at the same time)
  3. I wouldn't mind plugging the phone into a USB port if there was a decent place to store it - so far I'm just laying it in the little cubby on the dash.
  4. I love my Jeep, and I miss my Ford. Both things are true at the same time.
  5. Thanks! I'm going to try one of the options mentioned in this thread!

Sponsored

OP
OP

BradBrown

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2019
After receiving it, I installed it immediately. It paired easily with my iPhone over Bluetooth, and wireless CarPlay works. love and enjoy it daily!

OP
OP

BradBrown

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2019
Just got a newsletter from carlinkitcarplay.com, with a 15% OFF coupon send to me. Here‘s the one for who that interested.

Jeep Wrangler JL wireless CarPlay stereo promo code 5