Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it applies to the USB in the console
I do know the ones behind the rear console do but not sure if inside the console does

Advertisement

masksav

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
I guess I may have answered my own question. I left it sticking out of the console last night where I could see it in the dark. This morning checked it and watched it for a good 10 minutes and noticed it would did not come on until I touch the door handle at which time the USB and the red light lite up. So to confirm after a period of time the USB in the center console does power down.

jludave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Vehicle Showcase

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just found another bit of good news if you could call it that, on the front USB port and inside console USB port if I were using my Carlinkit 2.0 if I plugged into one of these to charge my phone it seemed to confuse Apple Carplay but if I plug it into the USB port on the back side of the center console it does not interfere with the adapter but it’s the USB port on the right side and after looking at the manual it says that USB port is for charging only and does not work with Uconnect 👍🏻

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Here is whats in the manual, I just plugged in a long USB cable and tucked it along the console and have it up by the parking brake so now I can plug in my phone to charge if needed and not have it confuse CarPlay plus my wife can do the same with her phone if needed and I can enjoy being cord free for CarPlay

646557F1-3AE5-4E33-9F9D-11A51539EF5B.jpeg

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I just found another bit of good news if you could call it that, on the front USB port and inside console USB port if I were using my Carlinkit 2.0 if I plugged into one of these to charge my phone it seemed to confuse Apple Carplay but if I plug it into the USB port on the back side of the center console it does not interfere with the adapter but it’s the USB port on the right side and after looking at the manual it says that USB port is for charging only and does not work with Uconnect 👍🏻
I used both of these ports for carplay until last week. But they both seem to show up as an iPod when pluged in

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I used both of these ports for carplay until last week. But they both seem to show up as an iPod when pluged in
Hmm maybe I’m lucky, when I plug my phone into the one on the right it just charges and does not affect my wireless car play at all

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement