Sponsored

Windshield cleaning problem solved

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Ever since I started driving @ 16 I've abhored cleaning the dash and inside of the vehicles windshield. I could never get it streak-free and had to do all sorts of joint dislocating contortions trying to wipe it off.

Problem solved!

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield cleaning problem solved 20220721_164302

Did need a battery post puller to get the wipers off this first time. Body shop buddy hooked me up, with a Snap-On no less.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
RE: Streaks on glass

I know the struggle. Next time, use a bit of denatured alcohol on a microfiber cloth. You might be pleased with the results.

Best if you attend to this task inside a garage, or away from the sun to the extent possible. The glass should be cool, or at least not heated.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I know the struggle. Next time, use a bit of denatured alcohol on a microfiber cloth. You might be pleased with the results.

Best if you attend to this task inside a garage, or away from the sun to the extent possible. The glass should be cool, or at least not heated.
Thanks. Totally droppin the shield from now on. As long as the arms come off next time without issue, I can have it down in like 2 minutes.

Either way I'm gonna buy my own battery post puller when I find one of the correct size and a fair price, just in case. 🙂

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Thanks. Totally droppin the shield from now on. As long as the arms come off next time without issue, I can have it down in like 2 minutes.

Either way I'm gonna buy my own battery post puller when I find one of the correct size and a fair price, just in case. 🙂
Cooper anti-sieze helps them come off easier if you apply it next time you have them pulled apart.

Sponsored

jlrubeinswaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

Might try vinegar and purified water. 50/50.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Cooper anti-sieze helps them come off easier if you apply it next time you have them pulled apart.
But using anti-sieze anywhere near a clean anything is a recipe for disaster.. a little goes a LONG way. But that being said I used it like you said and works great

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I use filtered or distilled water in a spray bottle and a fresh or clean micro fiber. No streaks and no chemical build up to cause streaks later.

Never put Armor All on the dashboard. When it evaporates it leaves a nasty film on the inside of the windshield. Actually, never use it at all, it does more harm than good.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I considered something like that but I was at work. My gut says they will stick again. I'll find me a little battery puller. The one I borrowed was the perfect size, but as a Snap-On, Lord knows how much it was. 🙂

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I use. I like the foam. It does a fantastic job of cutting the dried guts of the 4,632,867 bug hits I get after every drive.

I keep a can and a roll of towels in my rear cubby.

It is ammonia free, the active ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield cleaning problem solved 20220721_222721

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
This is what I use. I like the foam. It does a fantastic job of cutting the dried guts of the 4,632,867 bug hits I get after every drive.

I keep a can and a roll of towels in my rear cubby.

It is ammonia free, the active ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield cleaning problem solved 20220721_222721
Bingo. This is the stuff. We used to use it to detail cars for photo shoots.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. I don't know anyone else that uses it, but I just now looked around and man, people really do like the stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield cleaning problem solved inCollage_20220722_092615713

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
Detailer hack to save you time, quality glass cleaner sprayed on the glass and wiped with a clean microfiber. Wash the windshield twice, flipping to a clean section on each half of the windshield (using 4 sides total). Do this with the defrost on. Guaranteed no streaks as long as you cover all of your ground.

I could get that done twice in the amount of time it takes to drop the windshield.