Winch Install on. 3.6 E-Torque?

BruceyZ06

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I feel dumb for asking this. Recent acquired another Jeep. 2022 Rubicon Extreme Recon 4 Door w/ the 3.6 V6 with E-Assist. I'm installing my winch on it soon. I can kist install the battery cables to thew 12 volt battery correct? Or am I wrong? Thanks!
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yep. 3.6L eTorque here. Hard wired my winch to my 12V battery. Simple.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I feel dumb for asking this. Recent acquired another Jeep. 2022 Rubicon Extreme Recon 4 Door w/ the 3.6 V6 with E-Assist. I'm installing my winch on it soon. I can kist install the battery cables to thew 12 volt battery correct? Or am I wrong? Thanks!
I have an on/off switch on my winch, so I wired to aux switch to reduce any shenanigans…….. the aux switch doesn’t turn it on it just turns on the power to the winch……

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/1330500/

Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
My winch came with a on/off switch, this was new to me. I made a bracket and mounted the switch. I figured why not.

IMG_bracket.jpg

IMG_bracket1.jpg

IMG_switch.jpg

shooting4625

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon 2023 2door wrangler Rubicon
I installed a warn relay on a bracket I made as well and a fuse relay box for my lights, I have the winch turned on by Aux switch 4, I don't like to lift my hood unless really necessary.

123.jpg

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I‘m the opposite. I open my hood often to check fluid levels, any leaks, or loose connections, and will wipe down dust and use air to flush out debri that has found its way into cracks and corners. I just like to inspect and check things out regularly.

Recon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Hey guys, I also have the 3.6 with e-torque. I thought I read somewhere that when wiring to the battery that we should run positive to positive on battery, but in the case of negative run to one of the grounding lugs on the fender by battery? I believe it has something to do with that little connector at the negative battery terminal could be damaged by the draw of a winch or compressor. Can anyone confirm this is true or an incorrect assumption? Thanks
Sponsored