First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Thanks for posting this... I've been racking my brain trying to find a place to put the silonoid. In that location it looks like I can use the supplied wiring, so I do t have to cut my own which is nice.

I can confirm this winch will fit in a plastic bumper really nicely as well. In fact, if you add a fairlead mount under the maximus3 plate, you can recess the fairlead enough that it fits under the factory plastic license plate holder. Ultra stealth. Will post pics soon.
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested in your photos. I had this idea, because I only have the plastic bumper (export version) and I was wondering if it was not possible to put a winch by "tinkering" a little

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
I have the Sahara plastic bumper and if I add a winch I was planning on this idea as well. Thanks for sharing and adding to my confidence that I can make it fit.

rcitone

First Name
Wen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Thanks OP for the idea. I installed mine today. It took me a lot of time figuring out how to mount the solenoid. Tried hose clamp but ended up not working well. Eventually I used a bracket that comes with the winch, reused the bolt that connects the bumper-frame bracket on one side of the solenoid. The other side I used a heavy duty zip tie. Seems to work well and no movement.
Jeep Wrangler JL “Stealth” hidden smittybilt H2O 12k winch install on Maximus-3 winch plate IMG_4202
Jeep Wrangler JL “Stealth” hidden smittybilt H2O 12k winch install on Maximus-3 winch plate IMG_4205
Sponsored