Sponsored

Why so many doors

What was the driving factor in getting the 4 door?

• Total voters

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
For me the reason was the diesel is only being offered in the 4-door (didn’t see that voting option).
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Ordered my Unlimited when 2-door production had yet to begin and I didn't want to wait. I'm now totally happy with the extra doors/extra space/extra fuel capacity/higher towing capacity/better looks/better ride......

Sponsored

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Empty nesters here each with a 4 door as our daily driver. I golf and need the space for my clubs and push cart. Wife puts our 11 pound dog in a car seat in the back and it’s so much easier than with the two door. We previously had a bmw and Mini Cooper as our daily driver and a 2 door JK as our weekend fun car. Now we drive the fun everyday!

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Cargo space and the occasional need to easily get 2-3 more adults in for a night out.

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 72 Formula 400, Yamaha WR250R, Dozens of Kayaks and Canoes, Future Jeep Wrangler JL Owner
I know the two-door is a bit better off road but the Unlimited is more practical as a daily driver. I'll be using mine for back country camping and I need to haul my gear, and I'll actually sleep in the back. The two door also has a rougher ride.
After test driving all the JL models last weekend, two and four doors, I personally feel the ride difference on a stock vehicle is negligible. Now this may change with a lift and bigger tires, but I didn't find any of the 2 doors to ride rougher on my long test loop over a variety of conditions.This surprised me. Jeep has come a LONG way in terms of ride.
However, I did find that the 2 door is a handful when punching it from a stop while taking a corner. The 4 door was predictable. The 2 door was darty.

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Wife, child, 2 newfoundland dogs...

And actually it's been nice for large purchases from Lowe's. I can put the back bench down and fit quite a bit.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Everyone has different taste.... so I didn't get a four door, but I see 10X as many four doors and I'm just curious
It has a lot more to do with wheelbase than the number of doors, for me. On road stability with strong side winds and on ice, as well as better climbing and descending capability.

I think the 4d is a little long, but that works better than the 2d which is too short.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
After almost 5 years with the 4 door for the reasons discussed above, I got a Gladiator, the natural progression. . .

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Kenny, your poll is definitely lacking 1 very important option. "Because the option I wanted isn't available in 2 door.

Can't purchase a factory ordered diesel in a 2 door, would have otherwise.
For me the reason was the diesel is only being offered in the 4-door (didn’t see that voting option).
Sky One Touch
Can't get a Sahara in 2 door either.
If you want Sky One, Diesel, or Sahara you HAVE to get a 4 door. There may be other options too that are limited to 4 door but I don't know. Either way the poll should reflect this choice.
Sponsored