Sponsored

Why so many doors

What was the driving factor in getting the 4 door?

• Total voters

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Everyone has different taste. The kids are gone, the dogs crowd themselves into the front passenger seat so I didn't get a four door, but I see 10X as many four doors and I'm just curious
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Everyone has different taste. The kids are gone, the dogs crowd themselves into the front passenger seat so I didn't get a four door, but I see 10X as many four doors and I'm just curious
Reading you your poll options sound like you know why most go for the four door. I also hear the 4 door feels more stable and is more comfortable on the highway due to the increase wheelbase.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Reading you your poll options sound like you know why most go for the four door. I also hear the 4 door feels more stable and is more comfortable on the highway due to the increase wheelbase.
4 door does feel more planted and the longer wheel base and extra weight does lend itself to a more comfortable driving experience. As an overland machine, it is an excellent option in my opinion.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Four doors also gets longer range (bigger gas tank) and increased towing, almost double the 2 door. I really doubt the 2 door gets any significant increase in mpg because it weighs a little bit less. But parking is easier.

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I know the two-door is a bit better off road but the Unlimited is more practical as a daily driver. I'll be using mine for back country camping and I need to haul my gear, and I'll actually sleep in the back. The two door also has a rougher ride.

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I got a 4door for the extra inner cargo room. Plus I can from having a pick-up truck to haul everything in. It’s been a nice learning curve owning a Jeep
Sponsored