Not open for further replies.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
So funny I saw this lol. He is actually selling this thing.
No, He's not selling it. Oh, it may be for sale, but he is not going to be selling it at that price. :giggle:
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
No, He's not selling it. Oh, it may be for sale, but he is not going to be selling it at that price. :giggle:
Well he is charging for his artistic design, it is not just the jeep, it is a work of art.

rawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Dude your avatar matches my glass right now! :like:
1598050006192822495489695997919.jpg
I have (had) that glass as well. Be careful dropping that ice in, last week it broke the thin glass around the "pew" piece and the crunchy ice I was chewing on turned out to be pieces of glass. Better than fiber... Ahem

aphillips76

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door
Build Thread
Link
I got a guy who lives in the area who bought an Ford F250 4x4 and actually LOWERED it. People do strange things and then whine when they go to sell it and no one seems to want to buy it.

I took stock lift blocks out of the back of my f150 4x4. Down an inch and a half in the back and up an inch and a half in the front. I’ve always liked the lcg look and performance. I put raptor 35s on it. It was awesome... Functioned exactly as I wanted it to... I sold it the same day I put it up for sale...
Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? 00B2C058-C3A9-4D93-B84F-1B29A4D72F55

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Those wheels are not something that I would ever do, but... if you think they are stupid, but banging up in the rocks a 40k+ Jeep is fun... you might be slightly biased.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Those wheels are not something that I would ever do, but... if you think they are stupid, but banging up in the rocks a 40k+ Jeep is fun... you might be slightly biased.
Slam 40” MT tires, a 4” lift, and beadlocks on and daily drive that baby with pride around New Jersey. The OP would likely LOVE it. Why? Because only the the OP can be the judge of taste as he sits behind his keyboard.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I wonder if the Raptor, Mustang, Camaro or whatever other car forums bashes each other's choices? Not my thing but not my money either. Maybe it's a show car build, who knows.

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Its not like it looks good, and diminishes the capability the vehicle was designed for. Cant swap tires with anyone if u get a flat. Costs a ridiculous amount of money just to look bad.

Destroys any good handling characteristics.

Makes the ride harsh and unbearable.

Easier to get a flat

Curbs at the mall and drive thru are a huge danger factor
690C8CF6-C9CD-42D0-85F1-CB82AE3EEF98.jpeg
Wow, small world. This rig passed me on my morning commute Rt 80 eastbound last week. He/she was moving at a decent clip too.

Last edited:

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I took stock lift blocks out of the back of my f150 4x4. Down an inch and a half in the back and up an inch and a half in the front. I’ve always liked the lcg look and performance. I put raptor 35s on it. It was awesome... Functioned exactly as I wanted it to... I sold it the same day I put it up for sale...
Thumbs up. I think modern trucks sit too high to begin with. On some trucks (GMs) they look really awkward because of that!

That said, due to their shape, they look funny when you level them out. The hood is always a few inches higher than the sides of the bed are, and often higher than the side windows too. So whenever I see it I think of hunting dogs pointing at things lol.

1598143107230.png

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aesthetically I think the spaced out wheels sticking out past the fenders look really dumb, regardless of the size. I've heard before that it's usually done for functional reasons though, so whatever, I suppose.

For a jeep that spends all of its time on the road, I could understand 20" wheels and some really nice sport truck tires. Sticking rubber bands on a Jeep kinda makes them look like a covered wagon though lol. I guess whatever floats their boat? I dig the color at least! Looks pretty cool.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Honestly as much as I hate both the look and lack of function with tires like this he is free to do as he wishes. Not my Jeep, not my problem. If an owner is happy with their Jeep I'm happy for them.

What bugs me is thinking putting a lift, rims and bigger tires on a Jeep makes it gold. Mods will retain half their value at best. Many retain nothing notably rims and tires. There is nothing unique about this Jeep in particular yet he's asking above MSRP for a Sahara and it's 2 years old.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the Raptor, Mustang, Camaro or whatever other car forums bashes each other's choices? Not my thing but not my money either. Maybe it's a show car build, who knows.
Yep, they do. It’s pretty universal. I don’t get it why people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people like, but whatever floats their boat.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, they do. It’s pretty universal. I don’t get it why people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people like, but whatever floats their boat.
If you went to a brodozer enthusiast meetup driving a purple F350 on 26" wheels with rubberband tires, I have a feeling you'd get chased out of town by "the boys" and that might be a best case scenario. But it's also just a stereotype lol. Hopefully an incorrect one. :D

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
What good is function that is never used? How many buy Rubicons because they are the top model but will never go off road? How many people light bars on but never off-road at night?

We all have different views of how to build our Jeep that are formed by our own opinions. I bought my Jeep because they look cool... I bought my Jeep because I want to be able to go anywhere IF I need to... I bought my Jeep to be a nasty off-roader..

People having varying budgets for mods, and people have different priorities. Nobody gets laughed at for getting a lift and bigger tires. But who asks if they have recovery great or if they have beefed up their other components to handle the bigger tires?

I've been laughed at first getting an onboard air compressor. Laughed at for getting switches (before I really needed them). I want to get an arb locker installed in the rear, laughed at for that. Why because i haven't been off road ( although I should be going the this week and more in the future!). Point being in not a serious off roader. They have a point in laughing are my mods necessary?

At the end of the day these mods are cool to me. It's my money. I enjoy what I'm turning my Jeep into. People needs to worry about themselves. I may have my preferences and you yours. We should all do what makes us happy and enjoy our rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.