Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
People want to be different. It takes a lot of trouble, costs a lot of money, and sometimes makes you look worse but you do look different. In the old days it was easy to look different- you rolled up a pack of cigarettes in the sleeve of your white tshirt. Now it has gotten much harder- people have to do weird clothes, weird hair, piercings, and now crazy stuff to their cars.
what do you mean? Are those 22'' or 24'' on his ears? I think the nose are 17s. Pretty wild setup

Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? weird tattoos and piercings 2

Sponsored

OP
OP

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
My 2 cents...

Pretty much the problem with society today. Name calling (or worse) if I don’t like the things you like, vote the way you vote, own the things you own, drink the drinks you drink, accessorize or use my Jeep in the way you believe it should be used...

The reality is this, he built his Jeep for his life situation and others did the same for their own. It doesn’t make anyone right or wrong... just different. How about we sit down, have a chat over a beer or a cup of coffee and try to understand where each other is coming from before we judge them for not being exactly like we are...
Has nothing to do with like or dislike. Its smart vs. stupid. Someone has yet to argue how 37x22 setup is smart and advantageous in a given scenario besides “ oh its his money dont judge”

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
“Performance” for what?

did this dude Revolution_322 actually talk to the owner of this rig and discuss what the owner wanted to do with it ? or did Revolution only project his personal thoughts on this “moron”?
Fair point. Such dialogue could have resulted in the owner, for argument sake an automobile engineer, saying in so many words, "look, I get the hits I take to torque and balance and difficulty parking," pulling out his HP scientific calculator to quantify such things, "but I love the look."

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
If cars like these are called Donks, would Jeeps like the one called out by the OP be called Jonks? :idea:

Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? DX189_6E4D_9

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Fake beadlocks, this forum will defend this.

EEB4CF33-D8A5-4163-8458-FA9A9208B884.png
Hey @Revolution_322:

I do respect where (I think) you are coming from although I'm not calling anyone names.

If I were to describe you to a friend I might say that @Revolution_322 is a "form follows function" kind of owner--and say it void of any negative sentiment, to describe you as someone who tends to hold belief that mods (at least to its infrastructure) are made to a Wrangler to serve purposes no less than aesthetics.

And you're also right that some here would defend those, as reported, fake beadlocks.

Here's the thing, for some, mods make them feel good: good about themselves. And in a tough world, with highly imperfect people, maybe that's not so bad.

Sure: the harsh reality is such people might be better served with developing strategies to find self esteem without purchase; perhaps helping others. See my point about all our imperfection. Maybe the owner of that rig couldn't afford the real thing. Maybe they were ignorant and made a less than ideal purchase for the $.

Wrangler owners are touchy about freedom. The vehicle's role in securing it in war, and ability to handle off road terrain appeals to the free spirit in many.

I know you know this @Revolution_322 but we all value things differently. That's not only ok but good. If we didn't, nobody would effect commerce.

I wouldn't buy those tires either. What I would do, and it's okay that your might not agree, is find something nice to say about that owner's rig if we met up, and only disparage my own mods. That's how I was raised.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I would normally be in the “to each their own” column, but for this I’ve got to counted as “that’s some stupid chit right there”.
Here’s my reasoning.
1 it diminishes the capabilities.
2 it is dangerous to pedestrian.
3 it’s crazy hard on tie rods and ball joints.
4 Most importantly - this is the kind of crap that turned the world against Hummer and ended up closing Hummer. I don’t want to lose Jeep because some misguided people are changing the image.

DE_Jeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
So funny I saw this lol. He is actually selling this thing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? 65F3AE70-6E9E-49F7-BEFB-1877713B72EE
Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? 16D092AC-2044-4C82-BF3E-EAB9FF66E493
Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? 38980C1D-10CF-48E3-B7A2-94326247C85C

Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? CD630198-4506-416A-9053-0676983102E0

Deleted member 53226

Its not like it looks good, and diminishes the capability the vehicle was designed for. Cant swap tires with anyone if u get a flat. Costs a ridiculous amount of money just to look bad.

Destroys any good handling characteristics.

Makes the ride harsh and unbearable.

Easier to get a flat

Curbs at the mall and drive thru are a huge danger factor
690C8CF6-C9CD-42D0-85F1-CB82AE3EEF98.jpeg
The reason is simply because that person either thinks it looks cool themselves, or have been told by others it looks cool. Never underestimate the human capacity to ruin perfectly fine automobiles for no other reason than to stand out from the crowd.

That being said, I suppose you will not approve of my other ride, a fantabulous classic with rims that are just the right size in my opinion. It can't take a turn at anything more than 5 mph, but straight lines are no problem at all! I haven't used a highway off ramp in years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Why do JL owners do this? 1598104658782
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.