Sponsored

Who has used XR beadlock wheels as beadlocks?

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
I'm waiting on my JLUR XR to be built. I want to use the wheels as beadlocks with the mopar rings. Has anyone done so and do the bolts sticking out on the rings present problems for those wheels.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You rang?

They hang out there further than I’d like but it hasn’t been too much of an issue. I’ve “boogered” a few heads, but nothing so serious that I can’t hammer on a socket.

You should replace hardware when you replace tires (or so I’ve heard), and as such they’re a consumable item. If it bothers you too much you could source some lower profile bolts for the first round of tires.

Somewhat relevant thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/my-guide-to-mounting-tires-on-xr-beadlocks.87272/

OP
OP
verapx

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
They hang out there further than I’d like but it hasn’t been too much of an issue. I’ve “boogered” a few heads, but nothing so serious that I can’t hammer on a socket.

You should replace hardware when you replace tires (or so I’ve heard), and as such they’re a consumable item. If it bothers you too much you could source some lower profile bolts for the first round of tires.
I have Raceline beadlocks on my Scrambler, the bolt heads stick up a little but not enough to cause issues. That was my concern with the XR wheels that the bolt heads appear to stick up with no recess at all. Have you had any break on you?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have Raceline beadlocks on my Scrambler, the bolt heads stick up a little but not enough to cause issues. That was my concern with the XR wheels that the bolt heads appear to stick up with no recess at all. Have you had any break on you?
They do sit proud of the ring itself. Not breaks yet, they are soft enough (or rocks are hard enough) that they just scar the bolt heads.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored