runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Unfortunately if he is stuck in the middle
Of the desert, he may have to risk driving it to atleast pavement. Doubt a tow truck will come in the dunes for him.
Where he is located, the desert is 5 minutes away from the city....
Sponsored

ColoradoB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
In addition to the potential engine damage, I'd also be concerned about many other things: Are the wheels, suspension, brakes, brake lines, wheel hubs, and other parts of the vehicle geometry ok?

How does the exhaust system look? Did it get crushed or bent?

What about the hood? How are the latches? Under the hood, do you still have caps on all of your fluid reservoirs? Any leaks from the radiator or coolant system?

Have things in the interior gone astray? Make sure nothing is under your pedals. Make sure floor mats are still tight and not going get caught up there.

How does the air intake system look? Did you have a snorkel and did it dig in the sand? If you are stock, is your airbox still closed properly?

Rolling over four times, even in sand, could have done a lot more than just knocked your alignment off a bit.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
If your Jeep was resting on it's side or upside down for anything longer than a few minutes, some oil could have seeped into the upper cylinder (above the piston). If this has happened and you start the engine, you risk hydrolocking your engine. The result wil be a bent valve, connecting rod, etc. which will necessitate a rebuild at minimum.

To get any oil out of the upper cylinder(s), you'll need to remove each spark plug individually and then turn the engine over (without starting it.....which should be obvious) to ensure there's no oil in the upper cylinders. Have someone watch each spark plug hole to see if any oil is coming out (you can have them hold a white towel, napkin, etc. lightly over the hole and any oil will show up on it). Continue to bump engine over until no more oil is blown out. Re-install spark plug and then move on to the next cylinder. Continue with each cylinder until your are 100% positive all oil has been removed from the upper cylinders.

If you take all the spark plugs out at once, there might not be enough pressure in all of the cylinders to blow the oil out.

I'd recheck your oil level afterwards to ensure you didn't lose too much so you can drive home.

I've rolled a Jeep before and did this same procedure. Never had any engine issues.
Not sure I’m quite understanding this train of thought. You’re saying if there’s oil in the upper cylinders there’s potential to hydrolock and bend a rod or something. That part I understand. But when you say to pull one spark plug at a time and turn the engine over each time, that part I don’t get. If you had oil in multiple upper cylinders and only pulled one plug at a time, you have successfully emptied one cylinder, but now every other one with oil in them has potentially bent a rod. I think you’d have to do all plugs at once to avoid that. And the pressure from having one plug out vs all of them out won’t change the pressure in the cylinders while cranking the engine over.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
It sounds like we're all making a lot of conclusions without many answers from the OP. The biggest is what his plans are for the Jeep. Is this going to be used to knock around on trails or an everyday driver?

We're not sure how bad the body damage is, but if it's what we're thinking, probably something else got bent and after that, you're talking big bucks. Then again, Jeeps do flip and can be OK. So who knows.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Rolling over in the desert dunes happens all the time where the OP is located. The good news is sand is pretty soft so it's not like rolling off a rocky cliff or over rocks.

If steep enough dune they usually roll to the bottom and stop on the wheels as that is the widest side of the Jeep.

Fastbusa

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
In addition to the potential engine damage, I'd also be concerned about many other things: Are the wheels, suspension, brakes, brake lines, wheel hubs, and other parts of the vehicle geometry ok?

How does the exhaust system look? Did it get crushed or bent?

What about the hood? How are the latches? Under the hood, do you still have caps on all of your fluid reservoirs? Any leaks from the radiator or coolant system?

Have things in the interior gone astray? Make sure nothing is under your pedals. Make sure floor mats are still tight and not going get caught up there.

How does the air intake system look? Did you have a snorkel and did it dig in the sand? If you are stock, is your airbox still closed properly?

Rolling over four times, even in sand, could have done a lot more than just knocked your alignment off a bit.
I don't know why, but worrying about floor mats being stuck made me chuckle. Felt like a Toyota commercial

Sponsored

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
If your Jeep was resting on it's side or upside down for anything longer than a few minutes, some oil could have seeped into the upper cylinder (above the piston). If this has happened and you start the engine, you risk hydrolocking your engine. The result wil be a bent valve, connecting rod, etc. which will necessitate a rebuild at minimum.

To get any oil out of the upper cylinder(s), you'll need to remove each spark plug individually and then turn the engine over (without starting it.....which should be obvious) to ensure there's no oil in the upper cylinders. Have someone watch each spark plug hole to see if any oil is coming out (you can have them hold a white towel, napkin, etc. lightly over the hole and any oil will show up on it). Continue to bump engine over until no more oil is blown out. Re-install spark plug and then move on to the next cylinder. Continue with each cylinder until your are 100% positive all oil has been removed from the upper cylinders.

If you take all the spark plugs out at once, there might not be enough pressure in all of the cylinders to blow the oil out.

I'd recheck your oil level afterwards to ensure you didn't lose too much so you can drive home.

I've rolled a Jeep before and did this same procedure. Never had any engine issues.
What if its a diesel!

OP
OP
sk89

sk89

First Name
Shamseer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
the story can be reasonably assumed, he was off roading like an Arabian madman, having a good time.
Bro, it happened from the top of the sand dunes(purely soft sands) , I am a lucky person to not having the injury. My wrangler stopped the rolling over after reaching the middle of the dune.
Sponsored