Sponsored

Class action...No Class (Wrangler Rollover Risk)

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
So which is it, you want big government to enforce laws and regulations or do you want the free market to speak for the customer and hold corps to account via class actions? Is there a third avenue I'm not aware of? Single person suits? Yeah, right. That doesn't scale.

You clearly have no idea about the specifics of the McDonalds scalding case. Here's a summary for ya since you haven't actually learned about the facts and only want to meme on the headlines:

"The coffee was not just “hot,” but dangerously hot. McDonald’s corporate policy was to serve it at a temperature that could cause serious burns in seconds. Mrs. Liebeck’s injuries were far from frivolous. She was wearing sweatpants that absorbed the coffee and kept it against her skin. She suffered third-degree burns (the most serious kind) and required skin grafts on her inner thighs and elsewhere.

Liebeck’s case was far from an isolated event. McDonald’s had received more than 700 previous reports of injury from its coffee, including reports of third-degree burns, and had paid settlements in some cases."

Link: https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Duck Dodgers

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door
Let’s see:
It’s a short wheel base vehicle with high center of gravity and the turning radius of a SmartCar.

CAN YOU SAY PHYSICS?

Then: Some people lift’em adding more height. A less road manor suspension.

It’s a Jeep, not a Miata.

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
As a non slime ball tax lawyer, be aware that you can’t sue because a car failed a test or you are worried. You can’t sue for anything unless you have an injury or damages. It’s call legal standing. I’ve seen many of these class action pitches at least tell you this. These guys are an even lower form of bottom feeder.
https://help.classaction.org/jeep-w...WlkZ2sd9CifhoQ1ap2Qdr9Wupp_G-sZeUnWHyAkr5QcCA

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You are all correct, and I couldn't agree more. I believe that we should all trust giant corporations to do what is right, and in the consumer's best interests. There are virtually no examples of a corporation doing something unethical or dangerous because it would generate more profits. Corporations never put profits ahead of the safety of people.

I also agree about contingency fees. Access to justice should be reserved for those that can pay large legal fees up front. It would definitely send the wrong message to people if we allowed lawyers to accept cases they believed in where the person couldn't afford to pay them, in exchange for the lawyer only being paid if they were successful.
Don't you have a courthouse to burn down or something?
Sponsored