Sponsored

Class action...No Class (Wrangler Rollover Risk)

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I’d rather own the Jeep over the 4Runner. Watch to the end.

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I’d rather own the Jeep over the 4Runner. Watch to the end.

God. Also, the IIHS is ridiculous that the Wrangler LED headlights are “poor”. They are the best headlights I’ve ever had—they light up things two miles away. The halogens, not so great.

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
God. Also, the IIHS is ridiculous that the Wrangler LED headlights are “poor”. They are the best headlights I’ve ever had—they light up things two miles away. The halogens, not so great.
Oh the halogens suck. I wanted LED, I’ll get them on the next one :)

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I suspect part of the Poor rating relates to the glare they give to oncoming traffic. I have a Tesla Model 3 with LED headlights that are rated “Good”. They are much better and brighter than the Rubicon LEDs...though I don’t consider my Rubi LEDs a fail.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I don't even understand how Jeep is able to legally offer the halogens. They're absolutely worthless. I've lit farts brighter than those headlights.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I can't find it right now, but I remember reading an article that the NHTSA, back in the 70's, couldn't get the CJ/Wrangler to roll on demand so they put weight in the rear fenders to assist with the rollover. Here's an idea, learn to drive the damn thing :like:

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a very old post but….

Since I’ve owned a variety of Jeeps over the years, I KNEW the issues with a short wheelbase high center of gravity vehicle. Gosh my CJ had a lot lower COG than my current JL, but I put it through its paces to see what the Jeep and I could do. If you don’t drive to the extremes of the vehicle, you don’t fully know what it can do. If you don’t know, then what do you do in case of a potential accident?

With this in mind, I’ve not let any of my grandkids drive the Jeep since I got it. They ALL Love it and a few want it for their own vehicle. I have two driving grandkids, both users of manual transmissions, so they are capable enough to try it some day. My grandson is a fellow that like to push limits on the track, so to pull him out of a MazdaSpeed3 and have him drive my Jeep would be an eye opener for him for sure. I can see some issues with that!

Lawyers are in it for the money. I sware they don’t know right from wrong anymore. Some of the court cases and the Insurance Fraud that goes on only makes things worse for those that pay taxes and have insurance.
Sponsored