First Name
Shamseer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport
Hello dears,

please advice me regarding
1. My JL wrangler 2020 rollover in desert 4 times, after that, what are the precautions I need to take care
2. Can I drive the car since there are no indications are shown in instrument cluster
3. As of now only body damages are found
4. How I can make sure that no more mechanical issues in car (no unusual indication in cluster)
5. Some oil over flaws happened

need help to survive my wrangler from this incident

C737B782-5D88-4C06-97C1-1B84022FB646.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Following. Interesting.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Hello dears,

1. My JL wrangler 2020 rollover in desert 4 times, after that, what are the precautions I need to take care
2. Can I drive the car since there are no indications are shown in instrument cluster
4. How I can make sure that no more mechanical issues in car (no unusual indication in cluster)

Please post pictures. Most important: check alignment and see if ok to drive. If
ok to drive: take to your mechanic or dealer. Not recommended to drive yourself but if you are in middle of desert with no way for tow truck to come, you may have no choice.

If not ok to drive or you see too much oil: tow to your mechanic or dealer. When towing: DO NOT FLAT TOW and ask tow truck driver to bring flat bed.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello dears,

If your Jeep was resting on it's side or upside down for anything longer than a few minutes, some oil could have seeped into the upper cylinder (above the piston). If this has happened and you start the engine, you risk hydrolocking your engine. The result wil be a bent valve, connecting rod, etc. which will necessitate a rebuild at minimum.

To get any oil out of the upper cylinder(s), you'll need to remove each spark plug individually and then turn the engine over (without starting it.....which should be obvious) to ensure there's no oil in the upper cylinders. Have someone watch each spark plug hole to see if any oil is coming out (you can have them hold a white towel, napkin, etc. lightly over the hole and any oil will show up on it). Continue to bump engine over until no more oil is blown out. Re-install spark plug and then move on to the next cylinder. Continue with each cylinder until your are 100% positive all oil has been removed from the upper cylinders.

If you take all the spark plugs out at once, there might not be enough pressure in all of the cylinders to blow the oil out.

I'd recheck your oil level afterwards to ensure you didn't lose too much so you can drive home.

I've rolled a Jeep before and did this same procedure. Never had any engine issues.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Rather do not drive it, you have lots of checking to do.

Fluid levels (Oils, Radiator fluid)
Radiator damage
Alignment
Bent chassis cross members/ broken mountings (Engine/TC/Gbox)
Electronics (Error codes is a good start).
Structural check (Welding points torn)
Prop shaft angles
Bent axles

Depending what exactly happened the list can get longer.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You rolled it 4 times? All I can say is Wow...
He rolled over 4 times, survived it without injury and it seems his JL is still running. Tell me any other brand out there that can take abuse like this and allow a driver to walk away without major injuries. Go ahead NHTSA. I am waiting! In other words: eff your safety ratings telling that the JL is not as safe

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rather do not drive it, you have lots of checking to do.

Fluid levels (Oils, Radiator fluid)
Radiator damage
Alignment
Bent chassis cross members/ broken mountings (Engine/TC/Gbox)
Electronics (Error codes is a good start).
Structural check (Welding points torn)
Prop shaft angles
Bent axles

Depending what exactly happened the list can get longer.
Unfortunately if he is stuck in the middle
Of the desert, he may have to risk driving it to atleast pavement. Doubt a tow truck will come in the dunes for him.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
My 2 cents ā€¦ if you donā€™t have to drive it, donā€™t. Who knows what damage may have been done. If you have no choice, do what you must, but why risk it if you have the option.

Glad to hear you made it through yourself in tact ā€¦ you can always buy another vehicle.
Sponsored