First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
Hello,

So I own a jlu sport with 2” mopar lift with 33” tiers and pro comp wheels 17x9

What I really hate is when im driving 140 the is stays on the 7th... so i bought the car to use the 8 gears not only 7 :(

any ideas how can i fix this.. I want to keep my lift cuz i love it... would it be fixed if I added a bit more power to the car? Such as an intake + Muffler?
Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Has a lot to do with gearing. The 3.45 in a sport cannot drive heavy large tires well. Have you had it set up or tazered for the 33's? that is so the shifting will correct for tire size and torque. I went to large 32's for mine 275/65/18 the tires are XL load rated keeps weight down! and my 8th gear still cuts in on highway.

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
Has a lot to do with gearing. The 3.45 in a sport cannot drive heavy large tires well. Have you had it set up or tazered for the 33's? that is so the shifting will correct for tire size and torque. I went to large 32's for mine 275/65/18 the tires are XL load rated keeps weight down! and my 8th gear still cuts in on highway.
Well im not sure if it has been set up or tazered because i took it from the agency with the mods ready... how can I check

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Well im not sure if it has been set up or tazered because i took it from the agency with the mods ready... how can I check
Contact the shop that did the mods and ask them. If they gave you a detailed receipt/invoice you can check that too. Visually you can't check. But if your Jeep isn't going into 8th with the larger tires, they didn't re-gear the diffs.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I have 33s and hit 8th all the time on stock gears. Are you sure you don’t have 35s?

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
But it could be also from the lift?

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
I will almost bet 5$ that whoever you bought it from did not regear it. VERY few places will do that because it's a lot of money and there is no return on investment for them period. You can mark a tire and the drive shaft and calculate the gearing that way

This is a quick vid I found on youtube. Like the others have said you will also need to get the Jeep re programed for the larger tires (and if you do gears, you will need to have it programed for those as well). You have no idea how many people see my jeep and love it, but then they wonder why theirs has less power... I regeared they did not.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i got 285/70/17 thats 33” right?
Sultan, I too have a Sport, and I too recently put 285/70/17s on. They are 33” and do not require regearing. I went back to the dealership and had them change the parameters in the computer so it knows I have 33s. I see 8th gear at 97 KPH. Also, over time your Jeep computer “learns” and becomes more efficient.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s very likely that you drive too aggressively and the transmission learned your behavior.

Also, you cannot flash tire size adjustments to change shift points. Flashing only adjusts the speedometer calculation.

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
I
I will almost bet 5$ that whoever you bought it from did not regear it. VERY few places will do that because it's a lot of money and there is no return on investment for them period. You can mark a tire and the drive shaft and calculate the gearing that way

This is a quick vid I found on youtube. Like the others have said you will also need to get the Jeep re programed for the larger tires (and if you do gears, you will need to have it programed for those as well). You have no idea how many people see my jeep and love it, but then they wonder why theirs has less power... I regeared they did not.
I did it from jeep dealers

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
It’s very likely that you drive too aggressively and the transmission learned your behavior.

Also, you cannot flash tire size adjustments to change shift points. Flashing only adjusts the speedometer calculation.
I dont think so... i had the mods with the wrangler... i never drove it stock

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
Sultan, I too have a Sport, and I too recently put 285/70/17s on. They are 33” and do not require regearing. I went back to the dealership and had them change the parameters in the computer so it knows I have 33s. I see 8th gear at 97 KPH. Also, over time your Jeep computer “learns” and becomes more efficient.
Well could it be from the mopar lift kit?

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport

I heard that re gearing would cost up to 3500 usd?
Sponsored