Sponsored

What does the time between build sheet and window sticker represent?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm trying to figure out if there's any value in pulling window stickers when building a database of builds.

If I run this thing every day and keep track of when a build sheet becomes available on jeep.com as well as when the window sheet becomes available then I'll know the delta in days between the two. Is that something of value in analyzing the characteristics of what's being built and what's not? Note that it takes them quite a while to generate a window sticker, so I'll only pull those if it adds significant value. The only thing of any intertest in the window sticker itself is base price and MSRP.
Sponsored

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
For me it was over a month in JB status. For most people, Iā€™d assume itā€™s inspection and any other QC processes they do before itā€™s released for shipping.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

For me it was over a month in JB status. For most people, Iā€™d assume itā€™s inspection and any other QC processes they do before itā€™s released for shipping.
So having a build sheet means that it's been released to shipping? A month means something of significance, but I'm not exactly sure what it implies in the big picture.

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
So having a build sheet means that it's been released to shipping? A month means something of significance, but I'm not exactly sure what it implies in the big picture.
As far as I know, itā€™s the window sticker that signals the release to shipping.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

As far as I know, itā€™s the window sticker that signals the release to shipping.
Any thoughts on the implications of having a build sheet without a window sticker? I can track both if it's of significant value, but it'll take about 3x the time to gather that. I also assume that Jeep might eventually complain since they're generating images for each request.

Sponsored

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Any thoughts on the implications of having a build sheet without a window sticker? I can track both if it's of significant value, but it'll take about 3x the time to gather that. I also assume that Jeep might eventually complain since they're generating images for each request.
I would say that it implies that the vehicle is either in the inspection or body vendor stage. I got my build sheet on 1/21 but did not get my window sticker until 2/23. It was in JB (body vendor) status the whole time waiting on who knows what to come in.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I would say that it implies that the vehicle is either in the inspection or body vendor stage. I got my build sheet on 1/21 but did not get my window sticker until 2/23. It was in JB (body vendor) status the whole time waiting on who knows what to come in.
Ok, so it's not relevant from the perspective of potentially determining what options are holding up builds. Thanks.

FloridaSon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Altitude order 2/4/22 Gupton 3/31 home 4/16.
From what I have read it seems after the build sheet is found, the jeep may go to other areas like vendor storage or repair. While window sticker seems to show a complete ā€˜buildā€™ and only waiting for transport. Not sure tho but some of this is mentioned in the ordering explanation post from long ago.

BarnJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
How did you get the actual status code? Whenever I chat with Jeep online they never tell me the current status code even when I ask. They did tell me it was in production and then that it was completed but not released for shipping and there was no estimated date yet, but no status codes.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

How did you get the actual status code? Whenever I chat with Jeep online they never tell me the current status code even when I ask. They did tell me it was in production and then that it was completed but not released for shipping and there was no estimated date yet, but no status codes.
There's a ton of info in this guide: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/guide-to-the-jeep-wrangler-order-build-and-delivery-process/

You might be able to determine your status code from that guide based on what JC tells you. They are, however, very inconsistent in how they phrase things. Depending on who you talk to they might actually "screw up" and give you the code.

Your best bet is to ask your dealer directly. They seem to have access to more info than Jeep Chat does.
Sponsored