Weird uConnect/Radio issues/fix

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
hey were you able to solve the problem? I've been without any radio/music from 2019 JL and it's starting to get really annoying. The FM/AM thing isn't working. I can't believe so many ppl are experiencing this problem yet there is no solid fix besides replacing the who infotainment system.
I just got my jeep back today from the dealership and my two right speakers were blown and canā€™t explain to me why. I thought the problem was fixed but got 2 miles from the dealership and my radio froze again and after hitting the FM then the a.m. button it went back to working but the sound was terrible there was no sound out of my subwoofer and I drove straight back to the dealership. I am taking it back in again on Monday and they are going to dig into it more but the infotainment system is probably bad. This will be my third radio installed in my rubicon. I will update you next week if they can possibly give me an answer but as much as I love my jeep this is the breaking point for me.
Sponsored

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Had mine for a year, 1st day of ownership had everything going blank for several miles and just assumed an update since it never happened again and rebooted. The past few weeks, uconnect goes blank or doesn't recognized carplay. It eventually reboots and I'm thinking the dumb warning message you get at startup never showed and within a few minutes uconnect is rebooting.

It's not worth taking it to the dealer yet. They'd probably keep it a few days and since it's random plus it doesn't throw a code, they'd shrug their shoulders and say they don't see an issue.
I had the same issue within 24 hours of buying my jeep and I have had several different issues since then and Iā€™m on my third infotainment system. I will tell you this the best thing you can do is take pictures of the problem when it happens I did this and also shared videos of my radio freezing and no controls working because FCA is going to want proof so take pictures

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
I had the same issue within 24 hours of buying my jeep and I have had several different issues since then and Iā€™m on my third infotainment system. I will tell you this the best thing you can do is take pictures of the problem when it happens I did this and also shared videos of my radio freezing and no controls working because FCA is going to want proof so take pictures
The only problem I have with all of this is when Jeep gives you a new radio it is not new it is refurbished so the current radio in my jeep when they put it in I tried to activate my XM and it was still in another ladyā€™s name the previous owner. I never like to buy refurbished items because that means they already had a problem in the first place and that is why I went through three radios because all three were bad

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Well took my Sahara in and it looks like the had to order a replacement for my unit. Just have to wait for the new unit to come in and in the meantime document all of my settings.
Just so you are aware the unit they are putting in your car is going to be refurbished I know this because I am on my third refurbished radio and the way I found this out was the last one they put in,I went to Activate my XM radio and XM said the radio could not be activated because it was still in someone elseā€™s name. I got a radio that was probably never even refurbished or reset and was still in the previous owners name. Good luck

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares
I have a case manager and they are working on this but once again tomorrow I have to take my jeep back because after leaving the dealership within 2 miles the radio froze again and the sound went back to myI have a case manager and they are working on this but once again tomorrow I have to take my jeep back because after leaving the dealership within 2 miles the radio froze again and the sound went back to bed and I have no base in my radio. I am so frustrated if they do not get this figured out and fixed it is a dealbreaker for me and Jeep is going to be gone. I have put my own money into this cheap to fix the steering issue even though itā€™s under warranty. I have driven Chevy products for 25 years because of option one from my family my wifeā€™s family and my friends work there. I always wanted a jeep so I bit the bullet and got one. I am completely disappointed with all of the issues Iā€™ve had and like I said I fix the steering issues myself putting my own money into the vehicle but now with the radio issue that is it. I am giving Chrysler and jeep the chance to fix this otherwise I am done with FCA

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
On the issue of low sound from the radio, I think this occurs at startup when the driver puts the vehicle into reverse almost immediately after starting the engineā€”probably something to do with switching to backup camera before completing boot, or initializing an additional input (BT, USB, or even the backup camera). The low sound issue doesnā€™t ever occur when youā€™re just driving down the road mi-trip, itā€™s always something that happens around startup. I think the Uconnect unit fails to fully initialize if switching inputs occurs before the load is complete, like a bad boot process, and it stays that way until the vehicle is turned off and self resets after an hour of two. I can practically reproduce this issue 80% of the time, but I avoid this condition because I want music sound. I purposely start the engine and allow Uconnect to fully boot, click the ok screen, and wait until I hear the radio prior to putting it in reverse or connecting an external device. All of this takes about 30sec. FCA should get one of their software engineers on this.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Just so you are aware the unit they are putting in your car is going to be refurbished I know this because I am on my third refurbished radio and the way I found this out was the last one they put in,I went to Activate my XM radio and XM said the radio could not be activated because it was still in someone elseā€™s name. I got a radio that was probably never even refurbished or reset and was still in the previous owners name. Good luck
It ought to be interesting. They told me the reason it needed to be replaced was that the older units had a firmware issue that caused the problems and was the reason it needed to be replaced.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
On the issue of low sound from the radio, I think this occurs at startup when the driver puts the vehicle into reverse almost immediately after starting the engineā€”probably something to do with switching to backup camera before completing boot, or initializing an additional input (BT, USB, or even the backup camera). The low sound issue doesnā€™t ever occur when youā€™re just driving down the road mi-trip, itā€™s always something that happens around startup. I think the Uconnect unit fails to fully initialize if switching inputs occurs before the load is complete, like a bad boot process, and it stays that way until the vehicle is turned off and self resets after an hour of two. I can practically reproduce this issue 80% of the time, but I avoid this condition because I want music sound. I purposely start the engine and allow Uconnect to fully boot, click the ok screen, and wait until I hear the radio prior to putting it in reverse or connecting an external device. All of this takes about 30sec. FCA should get one of their software engineers on this.
Is anyone else having issues with Spotify causing an error running Android Auto? Mine stops playing after about 5 minutes and says error connecting to android auto. I have to reconnect the usb to the phone. It happens frequently and is very annoying. It never did this prior to this recent update.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So they put the new unit in today (refurbed) and it didnā€™t work. They apparently got a ā€œbad radioā€. Apparently itā€™s not the first time it has happened to them. Theyā€™re putting the old one back in now. I hope it still works.

Sponsored

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
So they put the new unit in today (refurbed) and it didnā€™t work. They apparently got a ā€œbad radioā€. Apparently itā€™s not the first time it has happened to them. Theyā€™re putting the old one back in now. I hope it still works.
My jeep has been at the dealership for 2 1/2 weeks waiting on a radio and it will be the fourth one they put in because they keep using refurbished radios that have already been broke. I know that my radio being a 2018 jeep the firmware will not update with the new software and thatā€™s the issue

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The touch screen didnā€™t even work on the old radio. I told them it was unacceptable. Waiting to hear what they will do next

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So now they are saying that they canā€™t get the touch screen to work on the old one. It worked on the new one, but no audio, so they are putting new defective one back in for the time being. When do we get to a point where they give me a comparable rental vehicle until it is fixed.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So they thought they got the new one working, but my aux and advanced safety features do not work now and it only blows hot air. Proves the old adage if it works donā€™t fix it.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So they brought their senior technician in. Everything works now. Although, the backup camera did not work at first, but after sitting in the garage a few hours, it is now working as well. I wish they had brought him in sooner. I wouldn't have had to spend the day waiting at the dealership.
Sponsored