Wave at Gladiators?

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
I'll wave at Gladiators only if they're carrying rocks.
Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Hell, I'll wave at anyone who waves at me. Waving is big in the South.

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
1. Tried not waving at Gladiators, but... by the time you realize it's a truck it's too late, and as stated above - they are essentially a Jeep with 4 or 5 rows of seats removed.
2. ok wait - a Cherokee? nah. Sorry (And I am not contra-Cherokee, in fact I have one). I do not wave at Cherokees, nor do I expect when driving my wife's Cherokee anyone to wave at me (unless it is a middle finger wave after I did something stupid)

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Here's how I see it.

Before we can answer, "should you wave at...." type questions I think it's important to ask "why do we wave?"

And while I'm sure there is no one right answer to this question, if this were "Family Feud," a top answer on the board might be along the lines of "we wave to acknowledge people who share out mindset about being attracted to the free spirited sense of adventure and freedom/individualism that a Wrangler provides, even for those who only dream of taking it off road."

The wave acknowledges a fellow driver who respects "painting within the lines of life" if it makes practical sense, NOT simply because everyone is doing it. The true Jeeper customizes their rig to suit their needs, doesn't care if you don't like it, although doesn't do it to alienate you, and respects that your approach may not be their vision, but that you have the right to pursue what works for you.

This mindset applies to Gladiator owners as much as Wrangler ones. So of course we wave to them. In fact we wave, as a poster above noted, at rigs of other brands simply if we respect the build.

The true waver loves it when you wave back but isn't deterred if you don't, considering it your loss. The true waver knows that anything that binds us, in a day and age where we seem to be at an all time high when it comes to divisiveness, is a good thing.

My $0.02.

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & 2017 VW Golf R
Occupation
Manager
I prefer to be an inclusive person and wave. Itā€™s like a big Scrambler.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
Gladiators don't wave back.
Yeah, we do. This is my 18th Jeep. I canā€™t not wave just cause Iā€™m in the Gladiator. I think the Gladiator is drawing in some Jeep newbies who arenā€™t used to it yet. Give it time, just like others have said. I owned 2 CJs before my first YJ and remember the hate the YJ received by the ā€œpurists ā€œ. It always takes a little time for people to adjust.

llibrolyat

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL and 2018 Jeep Wrangler 2 door Sport JL
I haven't seen any Gladiator drivers wave at me. So no, I don't plan on waving at them unless it is by accidentialy thinking it is a Wrangler.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
No because I donā€™t wave anymore since every vehicle is a Wrangler.

Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy to give and/or get a wave to a Gladiator....
Top-25-Excited-Meme-6.jpg
'round here, I find i may get a wave maybe 50% of the time from other jeep owners... I don't get it... :(
20210202_051709.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I wave at Gladiators and other modded Jeeps. If I would wheel with them, I wave at them.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Forget about waving to other Jeeps, what I really like to do is occasionally wave to a random stranger. And I don't mean the Jeep wave, I mean really wave, smile, and act like I know them as I drive by. Sometimes I get a wave back, and then I know that the other person is going to spend the rest of the day wondering who I was and how they know me :)

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s