Sponsored

Are the Gladiator guys supposed to wave? (cause they don't at me)

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Nobody…I mean NOBODY in Miami knows what a “Jeep Wave” is. There a wrangler or gladiator in every corner and I spend my day driving doing the wave, they don’t give a sh!t.

However, last time I said I’m not waving anymore…a wrangler driver waived and I felt like crap for not waving back lol
Every. Damn. Time.
Sponsored

Shelly

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
I wave at all Wranglers and Gladiators but I probably only get a wave back from 1 out of 10. I also duck a lot of other Wranglers but have yet to have my Jeep ducked.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I have a 392 and hardly ever get the wave..not sure if it’s because of the 392? My last Jeep was a 16 Rubi JK and I got waves all the time. Go figure

NachoRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2016 Wrangler
Yes, we gladiator guys wave haha. I'm new here, but have been on the Gladiator side for a while. Also, we have a Wrangler along with the gladiator. And we had another Wrangler before that. I wave at Wranglers for sure. I can't even tell the difference until they get close enough to see the bed. Having owned jeeps before, I don't really consider my Gladiator anything more than a Wrangler with some extra storage space out back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NachoRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 392 and hardly ever get the wave..not sure if it’s because of the 392? My last Jeep was a 16 Rubi JK and I got waves all the time. Go figure
I'd wave. At first, I'd try to figure out if it were a gladiator Mojave, or a 392, but either way, I'd wave.

Last edited:

NachoRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my experience, JT owners rarely wave.

But please try to put yourself in their shoes.

Every time they see a JL, they are reminded that they made a grave mistake.
Most of the Gladiator folks, you'll find have or have had both (me included)... each has its place. The bed is nice quite often.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Less drama in a High School girls Gym locker room than worry about this wave business and whether you should get one from whomever.

Having owned both a JL and JT, I can say the JL side of the fence seem to snivel more about wave etiquette.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
My JK gets the wave from the older Jeeps, my JL doesn’t get squat

Sponsored

TJtoJLU Krawler

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
I wave at all Wranglers and Gladiators but I probably only get a wave back from 1 out of 10. I also duck a lot of other Wranglers but have yet to have my Jeep ducked.
Is your Jeep built? I only duck Jeeps that are built. Jeep's are not meant to be pavement princesses' easiest way to tell, look at the tires, knobby tires on 20's or 22's that have no sidewall knobs, pavement princess; knobby's on 17's that have actual sidewall tread, wheeler.

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Ford F-150
Some people wave, some don't. I don't worry about it. I'll just cheerfully wave. With Jeeps it's not quite as bad as a Harley or motorcycle wave. There you get the wannabe or actual outlaw bikers who think they're too tough or cool to wave.

AngieGal816

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1948 Willys, 22 Rubicon XR, 23 Willys XR ordered
like never. ever. ever.

1651797719658.png

I'm gonna keep waving at them though, just in case it irritates them :angel:
I drive a gladiator and wave. I see other gladiators wave also. Maybe they just don't know about the wave?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
With Jeeps it's not quite as bad as a Harley or motorcycle wave. There you get the wannabe or actual outlaw bikers who think they're too tough or cool to wave.
A simply majority of them don't return my wave when I'm riding my Suzuki.

When I'm piloting the Ural, though...waves all around! Maybe they're pleased to finally see a bike that's actually slower than their own, lol.