• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Wow, some seriously sad comments on here. So if I'm out in my TJ then I get a wave, if I'm out in my JT, I get a nose up and judgement... Sounds like the pathetic group of Harley riders who wouldn't give the bike wave to a metric cruiser. sad sad world we live in with idiots like this.
Then I'm an idiot, I guess, because some dude on the internet labeled me as such. So... it is called a Jeep Wave, right? Should we just start waving to everybody? Literally every Jeep, I guess? Cherokees, Renegades, Compasses, along with the older stuff. Let's bring in Corollas, too, actually - it would be mean to not wave at them, right? And if someone doesn't wave, they MUST be judging, right? I see no flaw in that logic.

My gosh, buddy - the only person here who seems to be taking things too seriously is you. Lighten up. Not everyone deserves a "trophy," and in this case that's a wave because it's a JEEP wave.

Just do what you want, though.
Sponsored

JlMelochick

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
A Jeep wave is really just steering with your pinkie, isn't it?

I'm still on the fence about the whole Jeep wave thing in general. The only people who freak out when they see someone with the same car is 5 year-olds and Jeep owners.

But it's growing on me. And I think if you're gonna do it, include every Jeep owner (even Gladiators). At heart, it's an acknowledgement that we get it – like being a man with toddlers and seeing another man in Target with toddlers who are freaking the f*ck out. You wave to that guy because you get it.

When I see another Jeep owner, I feel a connection. Like that guy, I bought a car that goes every direction BUT straight. That we both have to debate every warranty issue with people at the dealership barely qualified to change our oil. That we've had to listen to the same godamn rattle behind the dash this whole trip. That every time we fill up next to another Wrangler with a light bar and custom hood sticker we have to listen to that douche describe every modification in excruciating detail. That the first time of the season we drive with the top off, an entire landfill of our kids' trash blows out – after we thought we'd gotten it all. And the amount of times we hear the question, "What if it rains?"
You're awesome

JlMelochick

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Not gonna' lie, I waited forever to buy a Jeep until my daughter was old enough that safety ratings weren't as much of as "What, you put your kid in Jeep and not a Subaru?!?!?" issue. When I finally got to Jeep wave I was like a pubescent teenager and way too excited. In fact, so excited that I realized that, prematurely, on certain days, I wave before remembering I switched to my Jetta for gas mileage that day. Ooopppsss!!
So, the moral of rhe story is- just wave!

boardthis74

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Then I'm an idiot, I guess, because some dude on the internet labeled me as such. So... it is called a Jeep Wave, right? Should we just start waving to everybody? Literally every Jeep, I guess? Cherokees, Renegades, Compasses, along with the older stuff. Let's bring in Corollas, too, actually - it would be mean to not wave at them, right? And if someone doesn't wave, they MUST be judging, right? I see no flaw in that logic.

My gosh, buddy - the only person here who seems to be taking things too seriously is you. Lighten up. Not everyone deserves a "trophy," and in this case that's a wave because it's a JEEP wave.

Just do what you want, though.
Judging from this reply. Yup, you're definitely the idiot I was generically referring to. But hey, that's just me doing what I want.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I just wave back at anyone who waves at me.

Sometimes I just wave at people first, without giving it much thought.

I guess I never realized what a great and precious gift my wave was, before reading this thread.

I just thought it was a friendly thing to do.

I guess I’m going to tighten up my standards. I’ve been wasting waves on those who clearly don’t deserve them.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep KK (Liberator), 2015 WK2 (Overlander), 2019 JT Diesel (Someday)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It is a Jeep Wave. Not a Wrangler wave. I have received and given waves in all of my other Jeeps. Don't care if it's a JL, JT, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ, WK2, WK, WJ, ZJ, KL, KK, KJ, XJ, etc. if it's a Jeep, and it looks like they wheel, then wave.

IMG_20190601_215717.jpg

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, the more Wrangler then anything else.
Sponsored