Results are only viewable after voting.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So it’s a cult thing now? I accidentally waved at a Defender last time..

He didn’t wave back.

Last edited:

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I got tricked into giving a wave to a gladiator twice this week. Are we waving at these yahoos or not?
I am certainly no authority on the subject but I think I will wave at them. I just see the Gladiator as different model of Wrangler. Would you wave a a scrambler?

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Of course you wave at Gladiators.

How small a group do you want to be a part of?

Should white Jeeps wave at black Jeeps?

2 doors at 4 doors?

Get a grip. Wave.

Wave at Jeeps. Even if they have square headlights.

Just wave.

Sponsored

Sponsored

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
They get a wave, it's the Jeep wave:like:

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will wave so they recognize what a “proper Jeep” looks like and to inspire their builds ;) It would be waving in a downward direction anyways, for the most part..lol

Last edited:

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
If one in three Wrangler owners wave around here that would be high but 100% of the Gladiators have waved so far. I can’t say it’s an enthusiastic wave but more of a “yah I know it’s ugly and not a Wrangler but... Hey”

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
A Jeep wave is really just steering with your pinkie, isn't it?

I'm still on the fence about the whole Jeep wave thing in general. The only people who freak out when they see someone with the same car is 5 year-olds and Jeep owners.

But it's growing on me. And I think if you're gonna do it, include every Jeep owner (even Gladiators). At heart, it's an acknowledgement that we get it – like being a man with toddlers and seeing another man in Target with toddlers who are freaking the f*ck out. You wave to that guy because you get it.

When I see another Jeep owner, I feel a connection. Like that guy, I bought a car that goes every direction BUT straight. That we both have to debate every warranty issue with people at the dealership barely qualified to change our oil. That we've had to listen to the same godamn rattle behind the dash this whole trip. That every time we fill up next to another Wrangler with a light bar and custom hood sticker we have to listen to that douche describe every modification in excruciating detail. That the first time of the season we drive with the top off, an entire landfill of our kids' trash blows out – after we thought we'd gotten it all. And the amount of times we hear the question, "What if it rains?"

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my rule of thumb-

If it is a Jeep brand and you can take the doors off and the top off you wave.... period. I do not care how many "non-jeep soccer moms" do not wave back I still wave.

I also wave to any other BA Jeep that has a fixed top or first gen Broncos, Blazers, FJ etc. Because they are all awesome and I have respect for anyone who is keeping that history alive.
Sponsored