Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Went out this weekend had some fun. Got a little sideways in some water. Got home and got everything cleaned up and when I shut my door I heard a LOT of sloshing around. Turns out there was more than a gallon of water inside my driver door...aren't the doors themselves supposed to be sealed? I understand getting some in the cabin, but inside the door? Didn't have this issue with my JK. That can't be good for the metal...any one else run into this yet?
Sponsored

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The doors aren't 100% sealed. Power lines and other stuff run through. How high was the water, I'm sure that would dictate water getting in...

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Doors should have drain holes on bottom. These holes have a piece of tape with a cut slot to allow water to escape. There is a thread about this below. Some were questioning why Jeep installed the tape over the drain holes which would slow down the draining process. Maybe your drains were blocked by dirt/mud also?

How did you remove the water?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-drain-plastic-tape-thingys.9394/#post-216274

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
The only place it would drain was at the bottome hinge so I had to have it hanging weird. Still hanging right now. Havent checked to see if it's all out yet.

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
The doors aren't 100% sealed. Power lines and other stuff run through. How high was the water, I'm sure that would dictate water getting in...
I figured a rubber boot around the lines would keep almost all the water out. It looks like the water entered at the hinges, and there was a lot of it. I was unintentionally at a hard angle with the left side in the water. Water line was mid door driver side, passenger side still dry. Deep enoough only about 2 inches or so of water ended up in the front floorboard and none in the back.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There should be drain holes in the bottom of the door. If water isn't draining from them then you need to find out why.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
If salt water could get into your doors and not drain out you will have accelerated corrosion. You have to check every so often that the door bottom drains are clear of any debris.

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Last edited:

Pantoja

First Name
Francia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler sport JL 2018
I have a Jeep JL 2018 with soft top and when is raining a lot water get stuck on top and when I open the doors water is getting inside the Jeep. Any solution for that.

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd