NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
They're located where the precipitation falls in solid form, so I guess they should be called "snow rails" instead.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have not noticed this yet on mine but I would think a small dab of silicone or similar sealant would fix this.

FastDNA

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Same issue here, with premium soft top. I wonder to the other tops have the same issue.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Parking on an incline where the water goes backwards might help. When pulling up to the curbstop in the parking lot just drive the front wheels on top of it! It is a Jeep after all!

Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
It’s a Jeep. They all do this. It’s just water. Maybe we need a poll for the best useless answer?
The issue exist on 2 door, 4 door, soft top, hard top. We’ll live with it but what this is is a design defect. :rain:

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a Jeep. They all do this. It’s just water. Maybe we need a poll for the best useless answer?
The issue exist on 2 door, 4 door, soft top, hard top. We’ll live with it but what this is is a design defect. :rain:
I agree with the design defect! Being I am buying a $56,000 vehicle I should be able to expect better! But since it is a design flaw that cannot be fixed on your current model and will not be a recall because it does not have a life or death risk to it, how about we have a poll for the best solution to fix it without expecting the factory to step up!

I again say use the incline parking to your advantage! Always park going uphill when it is raining or find something to increase your front to back incline (like the concrete parking curbs in parking lots).

OP
OP
Killed by Death

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Parking on an incline where the water goes backwards might help. When pulling up to the curbstop in the parking lot just drive the front wheels on top of it! It is a Jeep after all!
Pull up on a curbstop? Thats problem solving in action there friends :like:

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Definitely a design FAIL. Bunch of morons. Really.... Who puts this together without testing in the rain. All done on CAD and rubber stamped. Why even have a drip edge if it all now collects in the one location you really care about....The seat. I looked at the couture and unless there is substantial hill to park on your seat will get soaked. The silicone would just move the leak back a little. Someone who's tried this please correct me if i'm wrong. Best solution would be to fire the person who didn't care enough to test this but unfortunately he will probably get promoted. For us, we should keep a couple large towels on hand.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Just brainstorming, but could someone with a 3D printer fab up a "channel extender" that could attach in inclement weather which would take the water beyond/out from the passenger area. Not a permanent fixture.

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Just brainstorming, but could someone with a 3D printer fab up a "channel extender" that could attach in inclement weather which would take the water beyond/out from the passenger area. Not a permanent fixture.
You would probably come out best trying to model a more easily changed solution initially. Maybe try using some modeling clay to come up with a design and if you find one that works, then try to duplicate the trough with a 3D printer or whatever?

I wonder how many inches you would need to raise the front end in order for it to change the way that the water drained enough that it would not drain on the front seat?

With the rain that we had today here, it would have been a good day to test that out... Well, *if* my JL had arrived already... :)

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Maybe try using some modeling clay
I wonder how many inches you would need to raise the front end in order for it to change the way that the water drained enough that it would not drain on the front seat?
I really like the modeling clay idea . You could make a big modeling clay ridge, starting about three inches high , and sticking outwards about three inches , and slant it downwards towards the outside , and gradually slope it backwards to a cliff past the door ; like a cliff ridge . lol .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I again say use the incline parking to your advantage! Always park going uphill when it is raining or find something to increase your front to back incline (like the concrete parking curbs in parking lots).
Brilliant . And you could also put 20" wheels in your front , and 15" wheels on your rear .
Sponsored