stationary engineer

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I used a piece of tubing and extended the rubber drain tube down further into the wheel well....did the trick for me.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi, did your water leak ever get fixed? Our Jeep has half doors with the same problem any time it rains hard.
Thanks for bumping this tread. Mine also gets soaked carpet on both sides after rains with no apparent sign of where or how it is getting in. I finally gave up on the half doors and boxed them back up. Very disapointed because that was one of the main reason I ordered a new jeep. I didn't feel like letting the dealership take my jeep and experiment with it either. If I decide to keep the jeep I am planning on installing Bedrug, pulling the drain plugs and then when water gets in I won't be concerned?
one place to check which was my issue
was under the cowls on each side ..
the seams were not sealed very well , all i did was use silicone and go over all the seams no more water on the mats

the seams u se im pointing to , just go over with silicone - also in the photo u can see the drain tube from the top corner of the windshield . the tube falls right over / near these seams

the other issue you may have
theres a drain in the top corner of the windshield on both sides, if plugged up it will run down and soak the mat

IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG

The OP hasn't been here since October.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Thanks for all the suggestions! Thing about it is I never have one drop with the full doors are on. I'm convinced more sets of half doors will probably have some amount of leaking than not. Like I stated earlier if and when I commit to keeping this jeep I will just pull the carpet and install bedrug.. Then it will not at least start molding and smelling. Just waiting for more info on the 2023 models.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I used a piece of tubing and extended the rubber drain tube down further into the wheel well....did the trick for me.
the seams for me still got water just from rain or water running down that area from the windshield

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
The OP hasn't been here since October.
yep noted - but as u see others still have the issue and were asking what the fix is/was
Sponsored