Sponsored

Door check popped inside door

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Well, what he stated, in regards to how to handle, could not have been any clearer.. he stated..

"What you can do (one of a few ways) is take the a much longer bolt and use it in place of your short check strap bolt. The longer bolt will allow you to reach to...to fasten up to the check strap and pull it out of the cavity further. After it is out, remove your long bolt and then use the short bolt to secure the check strap properly. So, guess you will be going to the hardware store. You will be careful next time not to let the check strap go into the cavity."
Yes. This. x100
Sponsored

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Well, what he stated, in regards to how to handle, could not have been any clearer.. he stated..

"What you can do (one of a few ways) is take the a much longer bolt and use it in place of your short check strap bolt. The longer bolt will allow you to reach to...to fasten up to the check strap and pull it out of the cavity further. After it is out, remove your long bolt and then use the short bolt to secure the check strap properly. So, guess you will be going to the hardware store. You will be careful next time not to let the check strap go into the cavity."
This ^^^^^

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR

This ^^^^^

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I deliberately popped my door check strap inside the door to be able to easily take the doors off during summer. To get the door check straps back out, I did the following by taking a shoe lace wrapped through the door check strap bolt hole, around the metal hook for the wiring harness check strap, and over a wrench handle. Hold the shoe lace tight and stationary with the wrench handle. Then, push the door open to the first detent. (I used my foot). At the first detent, there is enough room to get the stock door check strap bolt into the hole in the door jam.
IMG_0256.jpg

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I just pull it straight out with Vice grips. Put a rag on tighten it up.and pull it right out.

Sponsored

TXHusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Vice grips didn't work for me....but a long (12'') straight slotted screwdriver (inserted through the door check bolt hole and in to the bolt hole on the body of the jeep.....the leverage of the screwdriver and closing the door popped the door check right out).

hoss75

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Vice grips didn't work for me....but a long (12'') straight slotted screwdriver (inserted through the door check bolt hole and in to the bolt hole on the body of the jeep.....the leverage of the screwdriver and closing the door popped the door check right out).
I assume you meant "and opening the door popped the door check... ". Otherwise I'm confused. Their needs to be a tool to pull this sucker back out!

TXHusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I assume you meant "and opening the door popped the door check... ". Otherwise I'm confused. Their needs to be a tool to pull this sucker back out!
My bad, yes opening the door.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I deliberately popped my door check strap inside the door to be able to easily take the doors off during summer. To get the door check straps back out, I did the following by taking a shoe lace wrapped through the door check strap bolt hole, around the metal hook for the wiring harness check strap, and over a wrench handle. Hold the shoe lace tight and stationary with the wrench handle. Then, push the door open to the first detent. (I used my foot). At the first detent, there is enough room to get the stock door check strap bolt into the hole in the door jam.
IMG_0256.jpg
Thanks you saved my day. I used a coord, tied a nut on the door check hole and wrapped the other end of the coord around my arm and pulled hard at the same time I pushed with my foot. popped right out.