Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Since this winch is wireless is it Bluetooth capable? I don't know the details of it. Be nice to work from a phone app like the kits they offer for the other models.
Sponsored

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Embedding the video on your behalf. This looks solid. Thanks

Warn Platinum Reed Switch

In a very similar approach to @Kansascoast there is a vid on Youtube that details how to McGyver a solution. I would link it here but Youtube is blocked from work. However just go to Youtube and type in "Warn ZEON Platinum - Dead Battery Solution". The poster is named CL Biro and his video shows how what he discovered with regards to battery drain and what he did to fix it. Like @Kansascoast you may have to be prepared to be McGyver. I haven't used my Platinum S yet...though I did buy it used....so I'm preparing for the worst.

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Since this winch is wireless is it Bluetooth capable? I don't know the details of it. Be nice to work from a phone app like the kits they offer for the other models.
I looked it up based on the FCC ID printed on the back of the remote. It’s an 802.15.4 radio, runs in the 2.4 GHz range. You can look up the protocol but the short version is it’s a low power radio protocol that gets used a lot in the IoT space. So we might be able to reverse engineer some of this but I’m not sure a mobile app is doable as phones lack that radio.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I wish I had read this before picking up this expensive boat anchor. Now since my winch is relatively new I have been able to plug in the remote to actually have it work, but I also have my remote last barely a week due to parasitic loss (with the green warn switch off).

I have hardwired my other Jeep warn into the dash - I wish I had done that again.

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
I wish I had read this before picking up this expensive boat anchor. Now since my winch is relatively new I have been able to plug in the remote to actually have it work, but I also have my remote last barely a week due to parasitic loss (with the green warn switch off).

I have hardwired my other Jeep warn into the dash - I wish I had done that again.
I purchased and installed my Zeon platinum 10S in 2018. I had the same issue, and contacted Warn, and they sent me a new controller. Same problem with the new one so I just leave it plugged in and stick the controller in a Molly bag on the back of the seat. I've been doing this for 2 1/2 years and it works just fine for me.

Scottz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl unlimited
My remote got to the point where it wouldn't even work when plugged in...
My warn 92815. Wireless ZEON. One of the most expensive is useless. The remote control in addition to lacking a intuitive interface has extreme power issues. Finally when I did actualy need the winch the handheld was terminally dead. I had checked it less than 2 weeks before. Without the wireless there is no way to use the winch, except as boat anchor.

Moral to story DO Not buy any warn wireless only winch, you will be disappointed at the worst time. All winches need a hard wired option. Especially when the proprietary one supplied is of poor design and non existent reliability.

Warn owes many of us a fix, and a new battery for their defective ”advanced” handheld is not it. Warn owes it to their premium product and there Brand to have a reliable hand held. Rating of this Warm “premium” product is 1 of 10. Looks good but useless. Buyer beware!
Sponsored