First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hey does anyone know how he did this mod? I want to color the Warn logo as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Zeon 8S + Camping 1626385011366

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Hey does anyone know how he did this mod? I want to color the Warn logo as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Zeon 8S + Camping 1626385011366
Only way to know is to see it or ask the person. But from the image it looks like it was painted. I think I can see altering color from brush strokes, but that could be from image compression too. It wouldn't be hard to mask the chrome and paint. Plus the control units on the Zeons come off with ease which would make it a lot easier than trying to do it mounted to a heavy winch.

Another way you can mask is spray on plastidip leaving it on where you want masked and then remove what you want to paint. When paint is dry remove plastidip. I have not done this personally, but know someone who did for something completely different. Plastidip is very easy to peel off on sharp edges.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Only way to know is to see it or ask the person. But from the image it looks like it was painted. I think I can see altering color from brush strokes, but that could be from image compression too. It wouldn't be hard to mask the chrome and paint. Plus the control units on the Zeons come off with ease which would make it a lot easier than trying to do it mounted to a heavy winch.

Another way you can mask is spray on plastidip leaving it on where you want masked and then remove what you want to paint. When paint is dry remove plastidip. I have not done this personally, but know someone who did for something completely different. Plastidip is very easy to peel off on sharp edges.
Awesome thanks for the tip. I asked on the YouTube video as well. I have not seen this before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Wow no Zeons till January?!

2A231F6E-5D00-43D6-88CF-2CBDA082EB5F.jpeg

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

I got the Warn Zeon 12-S in hand but the emblem appears to be one solid piece. Almost a rubber material. I really want to go with gold. Hmmm…. Maybe I should create a new thread?

74F03469-06EA-4D1B-99B3-271FF3BE272A.jpeg

4857FB9D-526A-4576-BE69-923920CD5955.jpeg
Sponsored