multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah its nuts! I had my old YJ most of the time I lived on Oahu. And then the day I went to take it to the port to ship it to the mainland I rented a car. They upgraded me to a JKU for free :LOL: so my last two days on the island, I still had a Jeep.

But yeah, Wranglers and Tacos are EVERYWHERE on The Islands. Their smaller size is conducive to parking (compared to a full-size pickup or Suburban) and the weather is usually perfect for dropping the top.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yeah its nuts! I had my old YJ most of the time I lived on Oahu. And then the day I went to take it to the port to ship it to the mainland I rented a car. They upgraded me to a JKU for free :LOL: so my last two days on the island, I still had a Jeep.

But yeah, Wranglers and Tacos are EVERYWHERE on The Islands. Their smaller size is conducive to parking (compared to a full-size pickup or Suburban) and the weather is usually perfect for dropping the top.
Tanner, curious, cost and time from say, LA to Honolulu, via ship?

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Lolololol. I flew out of Kaua'i last night after having a JKU for the last week. It sure reminded me of how much I love the turning radius of my JLUR (Among other things)

This image I took last night at Avis made me wonder if I was in Moab!

780D547A-2DA5-4FF3-B745-9BE53AFE7779.jpeg

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Tanner, curious, cost and time from say, LA to Honolulu, via ship?
Hey, I assume you mean for the Jeep? To be honest, I don’t know. My employer paid for my jeep to be shipped from Honolulu to Atlanta. The number that usually gets thrown around on the island is $2200 but I think that’s to the east side of the US.

As far as time, I shipped the YJ on 23 December 16 and received it 27 January 17, so just over a month. Obviously LA would take less time and money.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Enjoy your vacation. When you retire, it is just like hey on Wednesday, want to do this????
Sponsored