First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
this is good to know. since i'll have 500 miles on my jl before a 600 mile round trip upstate. then a 1500 round trip to louisville ky in august. And not to mention another 1500+ mile round trip to piegon forge tn in sept.
Sponsored

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Go for it!! I picked mine up on Thursday night and Friday morning the kids and I left for a trip from Wisconsin to southern Utah. Twelve days later my brand new jeep had over 5k miles on it. Best road trip ever!

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Hello all... I have been lurking on here since I ordered my JLUR on 6/8, so I haven't had a chance to "say hello" yet. I will stop by that forum soon and introduce myself formally!!

I have a question for anyone that has an opinion!

I worked with my dealer on a trade-in agreement that allowed me mileage on the trade, because I would be going on vacation. Presumably before it showed up.... well, I just got a text that it showed up to the dealer!! I never thought that my Jeep would be built and delivered in 16 days!!

Now my dilemma... I leave for vacation on Friday. It will be somewhere around 620ish miles each way. I can take my wife's car on vacation without any question.... but who wants to leave their brand new Wrangler sit in the garage for 10+days??

What are everyone's thoughts about taking a new vehicle on a trip that quick??? I can definitely get some break-in rides on it before I leave on Friday, that won't be an issue. I just wanted to see what the general consensus is! Thanks in advance!
Join AAA and let the authorities know your planned route

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
If you have to ask you may not be a Jeep person. Just sayin...

Had my JLUR three full days now and sitting on 500 miles. I normally drive about 4k miles a year outside of a vacation/road trip.

As someone else stated.. drive it like you stole it.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Get some easy miles on it prior to going. I got up early in the am with coffee and took some easy roads for couple of days to break it in. I enjoyed driving it so much I continued doing so for several days after the proper break in. lol

If you dont have the time for that dont take hiways for the first part of the trip. Take it easy on back roads, stop for breakfast, more easy roads. I dont recall break in being all that many miles. Way less then I thought. Read the manual.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i had no choice but to road trip my jeep. Bought it in Henderson and drove it home 260 some odd miles in the middle of the night. just keep changing the speed and rpm range i was cruising in. never had an issue with that style break in. Heck with my silverado i traded in for the jeep i towed my boat to the river 450 miles round trip two days after buying it. my old man calls them "Break in Trips" when he buys his new work truck every two years. LOL have never had a problem with any of our work trucks being broken in like that. most have over 200K with zero issues. Enjoy your road trip!

OP
OP

quaigonjon

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sting Gray Rubicon
Thank you for everyone's input!! This is my second Wrangler, but my first brand new one, so I am cautious. But like everyone leads to, I feel I would be an idiot to leave it at home and not enjoy it at all times, like I know I will!! I am taking some extra roads to work for the next few days, and will hit some short road trips over the next few evenings!

I was told to order some rubber floor mats immediately, because she is worried about sand!! She doesn't get it when I tell her it's a Jeep, it will be fine! Maybe one day she will "understand"!!

Thanks again for the opinions! I look forward to following everyone's posts and probably picking your brains!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

amazon has good deals for the mopar rubber weather mats

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
If you have to ask you may not be a Jeep person. Just sayin...

Had my JLUR three full days now and sitting on 500 miles. I normally drive about 4k miles a year outside of a vacation/road trip.

As someone else stated.. drive it like you stole it.
Jeep person or not, it's still a good question. I'm also a new jeep owning person and I would have asked the same question. We pay a lot for these vehicles and I wouldn't ignore the manual concerning the break in schedule.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Modern precision manufacturing (even at Jeep) makes breaking in (that’s running in in English!) unnecessary. Go for it.

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all... I have been lurking on here since I ordered my JLUR on 6/8, so I haven't had a chance to "say hello" yet. I will stop by that forum soon and introduce myself formally!!

I have a question for anyone that has an opinion!

I worked with my dealer on a trade-in agreement that allowed me mileage on the trade, because I would be going on vacation. Presumably before it showed up.... well, I just got a text that it showed up to the dealer!! I never thought that my Jeep would be built and delivered in 16 days!!

Now my dilemma... I leave for vacation on Friday. It will be somewhere around 620ish miles each way. I can take my wife's car on vacation without any question.... but who wants to leave their brand new Wrangler sit in the garage for 10+days??

What are everyone's thoughts about taking a new vehicle on a trip that quick??? I can definitely get some break-in rides on it before I leave on Friday, that won't be an issue. I just wanted to see what the general consensus is! Thanks in advance!
I'd take it. Everything is completely covered with warranty, etc.
Sponsored