Vacation trip

corvettebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 2011 Ram
We just completed a 4,900 mile vacation trip in our 2018 JLUR. Drove from Spokane to Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Big Bear, San Diego, and back home. We found the Jeep to be reliable and comfortable for the entire time. My wife said it was plenty comfortable for travel, though not quite so plush as her Cadillac! But driving the Jeep gave us confidence in the event of bad weather. It did react to strong wind on occasion! Ironically the ride is not unlike my last car, a 2005 Corvette. Averaged 19 mpg for the whole trip. I found the tech aids amazing, especially carplay for driving directions. It's our fourth Jeep (2 Grand Wagoneers and a 78 CJ5 I rebuilt from being rolled.) It's a remarkable vehicle!
Sponsored

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Great job! Thanks for the update. I can't agree too much on the "comfortable" part, but I can't seem to drive any of the other cars, and always pick the JLUR.....

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Great job! Thanks for the update. I can't agree too much on the "comfortable" part, but I can't seem to drive any of the other cars, and always pick the JLUR.....
Same here. I question why have some of my other cars. I just don't drive them much anymore. I always seem to go for the Wrangler keys.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good to hear. i've done a coupe of 18=1899 mile trips and i've been very haooy with the preformance, comfort and mpg in the 2 door sport. i have a few long trips in the making for this year.

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Well, I was thinking about buying the same car. Now I know that it's a good idea. Thanks for creating this thread, OP. Last year I was on a long vacation too. One of my friends picked me and my wife, and we had a similar trip. Las Vegas and San Diego included. Then we came to NY and settled in the luxury hotel. We spent a whole week there. This friend I mentioned had found luxury vacation rentals for a decent price and that's why we had a perfect time. Once again - thanks for the information about that car.
Sponsored

Last edited: