Using AEV Procal on Jl

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Don't know if anyone would know the answer, but I've got an AEV Procal from my 2016 JK that I've factory reset before trading it in. I now have a JL and I don't believe the previous owner calibrated the Jeep when they added 35 inch tires on it. Would my Procal work on my new JL even though it was bought for a JK?
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I don't have experience with either, but just reading their descriptions on AEVs website would make me think it would not be compatible. The Jks uses dip switches, the JL uses settings in the audio menu. Of course, you can email and ask AEV themselves.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Don't know if anyone would know the answer, but I've got an AEV Procal from my 2016 JK that I've factory reset before trading it in. I now have a JL and I don't believe the previous owner calibrated the Jeep when they added 35 inch tires on it. Would my Procal work on my new JL even though it was bought for a JK?
Unfortunately, no. The JK and JL have vastly different software. Additionally, using any kind of programmer on the JL requires an additional bypass unit connected to the gateway module just to get them to work.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sort of a dick move to reset everything to stock before trading it in.... Now the dealership, or new buyer, has a jeep that is out of wack.

Procal should go with the jeep...

OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Sort of a dick move to reset everything to stock before trading it in.... Now the dealership, or new buyer, has a jeep that is out of wack.

Procal should go with the jeep...
I only used it to turn off the daytime running lights because I put headlights in that required that mod to work properly. I put the factory headlights back when I traded it in, so there's literally no need to have the daytime running lights off anymore. In fact having the daytime running lights off with the stock lights installed would be a dick move because the new owner wouldn't understand why the lights don't work properly. So no need to get worked up
Sponsored