Upper Door Leak

roy2120

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Hey everyone, I got this leak around the upper part of my door, I cant figure it out for the life of me and it is starting to drive me crazy. Here are some pictures, let me know if you would like some more. Thanks

AC505721-F77D-4C77-9DFF-508CE4D827B5.jpeg

3CAB8D1A-EDF9-4B75-8907-B83963A1F8B7.jpeg

5CCF2A4D-330D-43C8-ADF2-E68C8BCD1A77.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
roy2120

roy2120

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
It only occurs every time it’s been raining and I make a complete stop, then it starts to drip down.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
When we were in Moab last week on a trail mine did the exact same thing when I was on steep declines, water poured in. As long as I was on fairly flat ground it was fine.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Mine did it too this weekend. It had rained overnight. Got in the Jeep the next morning. All looked fine. Drove forward, hit the brakes and water poured in from the same spot on passenger window. After that didn't see anymore water.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I had a leak that looked like it was coming from the upper forward corner of the door but was actually the header seal. If water can get in on the forward lip of the header seal where it butts to the windscreen frame it will not make it to the proper water channels and come in that corner. You might also want to check that the drain lines are all free from blockage. There is one on each side in the header seal channel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
roy2120

roy2120

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I had a leak that looked like it was coming from the upper forward corner of the door but was actually the header seal. If water can get in on the forward lip of the header seal where it butts to the windscreen frame it will not make it to the proper water channels and come in that corner. You might also want to check that the drain lines are all free from blockage. There is one on each side in the header seal channel.
Thanks for the response! Do you have any pictures of where I should check, I am a bit confused.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Thanks for the response! Do you have any pictures of where I should check, I am a bit confused.
Sorry for the delay. So this is what a header seal should look like against the windscreen frame:
Jeep Wrangler JL Upper Door Leak IMG_8411

This is what the LHS looks like on mine and this lets water in that makes it in by the top of the front door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Upper Door Leak InkedIMG_8412_LI

Jeep Wrangler JL Upper Door Leak IMG_8480.JPG

IMG_8412.jpg

Cuda318

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2024 Willys
My 2018 is no doing the same thing. It is quite annoying. Were you able to fix this issue or did you need a new seal?

Sorry for the delay. So this is what a header seal should look like against the windscreen frame:
Jeep Wrangler JL Upper Door Leak IMG_8412

This is what the LHS looks like on mine and this lets water in that makes it in by the top of the front door.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
My 2018 is no doing the same thing. It is quite annoying. Were you able to fix this issue or did you need a new seal?
The dealer fix was to use a sealant, which held up for about 1.5 years, but now it is starting to leak slowly again. I'm about to start the process again and push to replace the header seal.

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Hey everyone, I got this leak around the upper part of my door, I cant figure it out for the life of me and it is starting to drive me crazy. Here are some pictures, let me know if you would like some more. Thanks

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I have a 2021 Sahara and I noticed this both on the driver and passenger doors. We haven't had a lot of rain in Texas this year so I noticed this yesterday on my commute home. Even this morning on my drive in it was still doing this. Anybody? Thoughts?
Sponsored