First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I've heard the loose fuse issue many times on this forum. Since it seems like an extremely easy process improvement on the assembly line, why is it still happening? It seems like an all risk/no reward situation for Jeep. What I haven't been able to discern is how many Jeeps have this issue. Is it truly widespread, or do we simply only hear (loudly) from the impacted owners? [For the record, mine were rock solid from the factory.]

No matter whether the issue is big or small, it fits into the proverb, for want of a nail...
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Four reasons:
  1. Most likely they are coming this way from a supplier who doesn’t give at rat’s ass
  2. No one at the assembly line gives a rat’s ass
  3. FCA HQ doesn’t give a rat’s ass
  4. Jeep dealers don’t give a rat’s ass

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Not just Jeep. I posted a PSA on the Ram TRX forum after I found that every fuse and relay on my just built 2021 TRX was loose. Multiple members checked and have the same situation.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Four reasons:
  1. Most likely they are coming this way from a supplier who doesn’t give at rat’s ass
  2. No one at the assembly line gives a rat’s ass
  3. FCA HQ doesn’t give a rat’s ass
  4. Jeep dealers don’t give a rat’s ass

This basically sums it up.

I'm shocked they're able to find enough people willing to work to even assemble Jeeps at all these days. Here in KY where I live, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a "Now Hiring!" sign. "Walk in interviews daily!" You just cannot get this lazy generation to work, especially when they're getting "free money" in their mailboxes monthly.

Having said all that, assembly lines are based solely upon the principle of speed, and popping the fuse cover to check every fuse in the box on every Jeep that comes down the line would be asking a little much.

GalacticMouse

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUS Altitude 2.0L (On Order)
Not just Jeep. I posted a PSA on the Ram TRX forum after I found that every fuse and relay on my just built 2021 TRX was loose. Multiple members checked and have the same situation.
Is there a guide anywhere to which fuses in the car should be checked and where they are?

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I suspect it's a high percentage. Mine were loose but I had no issues since I checked them day 1. As for why, I'm sure they have a device that inserts them all at once. It would be much harder to seat them all properly that way and re-tooling it to insure they're all seated would mean $$$.

@GalacticMouse All of them inside the main fuse box.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
They are under the hood behind the battery in that big plastic box. FWIW, mine were all seated, but that's something that anyone should check upon delivery on any vehicle.

G.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I've heard the loose fuse issue many times on this forum. Since it seems like an extremely easy process improvement on the assembly line, why is it still happening? It seems like an all risk/no reward situation for Jeep. What I haven't been able to discern is how many Jeeps have this issue. Is it truly widespread, or do we simply only hear (loudly) from the impacted owners? [For the record, mine were rock solid from the factory.]

No matter whether the issue is big or small, it fits into the proverb, for want of a nail...
Jeep Wrangler JL (unseated) fuses? 1623098947776

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
They are under the hood behind the battery in that big plastic box. FWIW, mine were all seated, but that's something that anyone should check upon delivery on any vehicle.

G.
We shouldn’t have to check that the fuses are properly seated any more than the engine has the correct motor oil, or the bolts hold the steering wheel are properly torqued.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there a guide anywhere to which fuses in the car should be checked and where they are?
Open the hood. Open the fuse box. Press down on every fuse and relay in there to make sure they are fully seated.

Sponsored

Pistol527

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara-JL
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara (38k miles) and in the last few months I have been getting error codes and check engine lights. After clearing them the first time and looking into them it seemed like a weird connection issue. They came back a week later plus a few more so I cleared them again and then went and check the fuse box and had to seat over half of the fuses. Since then I have not had any of them return.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
For those with fully seated fuses, the dealer probably did them for you during prep. Half mine were not seated when I took delivery in April.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
About 30% of mine when I took delivery back in 2018 and since then I periodically pop the fuse box cover and just check them, only takes a minute.