Uconnect USB Media Player

OP
OP

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I'm only experienced with using Windows Media Player to digitizing CD music onto a 32GB USB Thumb drive. The playlists must point to where the music files are stored ... dbl check your file/folder path in your play list file. See third attachment as an example.

Background:

I used Windows Media Player to generate my Music Folders and Playlists on a 32GB Thumb Drive. All playlists were in one folder call "Playlists" in the root (highest level) directory. See first attachment.

The playlists in the Playlist folder were all .wpl files, as determine by Windows Media Player. See second attachment.

The contents of the .wpl playlist file for the playlist "Canon Fire" can be seen in the third attachment.

Windows Media Player was used to digitize CDs onto a thumb drive.

Top Tier USB Music File Folders with Playlist Folder.JPG

Playlist Folder.JPG

Play List File Contents for Canon Fire Music Folder.JPG
Sponsored

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Ive had my Jeep for 3 days. USB will not recognize .wav lossless folder format. Ive tried to reformat both a SD and USB stick to no avail. I listen to lossless for a reason. I wont listen to compressed music. I have a 128GIG SD card with adapter and use it with total success in my 2019 Ram with Uconnect 4C. My Jeep has Uconnect 4 (7inch). Nothing works. This is BullShit.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had my Jeep for 3 days. USB will not recognize .wav lossless folder format. Ive tried to reformat both a SD and USB stick to no avail. I listen to lossless for a reason. I wont listen to compressed music. I have a 128GIG SD card with adapter and use it with total success in my 2019 Ram with Uconnect 4C. My Jeep has Uconnect 4 (7inch). Nothing works. This is BullShit.
I formatted my drive to "NTFS" format. Not sure if that helps you or not. I have no issues playing my MP3s. i "think" i have a WAV file in there somewhere too.

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
I formatted my drive to "NTFS" format. Not sure if that helps you or not. I have no issues playing my MP3s. i "think" i have a WAV file in there somewhere too.
I tried NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT. Nothing works. Imported my uncompressed wavs to my andriod phone. Same thing. Most people listen to compressed music. I don't.

Now, this works (wav sorting/browsing) perfectly fine in my 2019 Ram with Uconnect 4C. Even on a 128GIG SD Card. My complete uncompressed library. I just move it too my Jeep... and no sort, no browse. This blows. :mad:

Question, people with a 4C in their Jeep, does browsing work with uncompressed wav formats in folders?

Endeego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Mojito!); 2015 Ducati Diavel (carbon red); Volvo XC90
Occupation
Shepherd
Have you tried FLAC files? I have a 32 GB thumb drive with lossless FLAC encoded music files. It works flawlessly and sounds great.

Sponsored

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
Have you tried FLAC files? I have a 32 GB thumb drive with lossless FLAC encoded music files. It works flawlessly and sounds great.
Haven't tried that. My Library is all wav. Id have to rip everything again. But, Ill try a conversion to FLAC, put a few albums on a flash and try that tonight. Thank you!

Endeego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Mojito!); 2015 Ducati Diavel (carbon red); Volvo XC90
Occupation
Shepherd
OP
OP

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
.wma (lossless) works for playing ripped cds and creating playlists. Wished I had formatted .flac first. .flac is the lossless version of .mp3.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Wondering whether anyone got playlists to work using the media player?
I created mine from iTunes, but UCONNECT doesn't seem to recognize them.
Sponsored