Sponsored

Uconnect: Finally a fix for USB media always auto-playing!

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
There are two things about Uconnect when playing music from a USB drive that drive me nuts:

• Music starts to play every time the ignition is turned on, even with the auto-play setting off.
  • Uconnect often "forgets" what song it was playing before turning off the ignition and defaults to the first song it can find on the drive.

The combination of those two issues means Uconnect often reverts to playing the first song it can find every time I start the vehicle. Annoying! So, the fix is:
  • Download an MP3 of 15 minutes of silence from https://github.com/anars/blank-audio
  • Put the MP3 in the top-level directory of your USB drive. If you have other songs in that directory, move them down into a folder or folders. This ensures Uconnect finds the silent MP3 first.

Now, if Uconnect forgets where it was playing, at least you don't get some annoying song over and over. You'll just have silence. And the silence will continue until the music catalog is built and an actual song of choice can be played.
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep doesn't play the mp3 all the time!!! Drives me nuts!

Maybe 50% of the time it will auto play.... even with the auto play on, it will not recognize it half the time.

I have to unplug the mp3 player and then it will recognize it and play. ..

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I don’t know if yours does this but it drives me crazy. Many years ago Apple had a glitch or something and I got a U2 albums downloaded on my phone. I dislike U2 strongly. Anytime I get going and it’s set to media, it’ll automatically start playing that stuff. I have no idea how it get it off my phone. Just one of those things I’m forced to live with

Brett

OP
OP

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@geem03 I've never experienced what you're describing but perhaps it's the USB drive quality? Drives vary greatly in build quality and reliability. Also, the type does matter. Personally I"m using a 250GB SanDisk SSD and not a flash drive. SSD hardware is typically much more robust as they're intended to be replacements for hard drives. Pricey but worth it. And they load faster too.

OP
OP

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@rustyshakelford Apple generally employs hipsters who love U2 and there was a promotion quite a while ago and they pushed their tracks out to many people. Either way, you just have to find it in the music app on your phone and purge them. They may be syncing in via iTunes though. iTunes is gone now though so I don't know how to go about fixing that problem.
Sponsored