Uconnect screen freaking out

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Hey guys. I’ve had my 2019 JLU Sport for 2 days and the 7” Uconnect is going haywire on its own. Did we find a solution? I know this thread is a year old, but seriously... I’ve had it TWO days.
I haven’t had problems with my 7 inch screen but they are finally replacing my 8.4”
Sponsored

ETSMOKEYBEAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA MDX
Hey guys. I’ve had my 2019 JLU Sport for 2 days and the 7” Uconnect is going haywire on its own. Did we find a solution? I know this thread is a year old, but seriously... I’ve had it TWO days.
So Mine will still spaz out.. what it will do is just keep tabbing forward till it cannot tab forward anymore.. need many hours of vehicle off to reset it... this happens when if stop light you try to set navigate screen for new address. so do not use my navigation much anymore.. use WAZE.

MeanPeachMojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester, 2019 JLU Sport S
So Mine will still spaz out.. what it will do is just keep tabbing forward till it cannot tab forward anymore.. need many hours of vehicle off to reset it... this happens when if stop light you try to set navigate screen for new address. so do not use my navigation much anymore.. use WAZE.
I was actually using Waze via Apple car play the first time it randomly cut out.

Quillstar

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS
Had my JLUS for a week, and already after a few days the screen started randomly changing stations, going into settings, switching between media to radio to sxm... Yesterday morning it was so bad I pretty much gave up listening to music on the way to work. Then on the way home there is no issues... But it has come randomly a few times... I have the uconnect4 7" and no navigation. I think this is a screen issue and not a software issue. Seems like screen is receiving "ghost" inputs as you can see the various buttons light up as if you were pressing them... Talked to a dealer who said he had heard about similar issue and that these uconnect are very glitchy. He said they could try to reinstall the software, but honestly doubt it will work.. I think he might be confusing the issue with the reboot problem some where having...

Lak7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
That happened to me once after I wiped the screen with a contaminated cloth. Not sure what was on there, but it made the radio go nuts. Clean the screen with a clean cloth and all was better.

Sponsored

ttsquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I have had a JLUR for 1 year. 7.4 inch screen. It had CarPlay navigation and I had location issues with that early but software update corrected that.
Today, the screen went crazy switching between climate radio media and buttons randomly. Turning Jeep on and off did not fix it so I turned off radio until next stop about 10 minutes later. Turned truck on and off and still not fixed. Left truck and came back about 45 minutes later and radio was back to normal.
Hope issue doesn’t come back.

TTS

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Well it’s a sad day. Took INDOMINUS in today to get the updated track bar and the Uconnect update performed as my navigation was acting weird and was showing me trapped in a remote field somewhere. Track bar got installed but when they were doing the Uconnect update, they say that it “fried” my whole radio. Now a whole new unit has been ordered.

Part of me feels I shouldn’t let a service department touch my Jeep because this crap happens, but the other part of me thinks it would happen anyway and it’s better to happen at the hands of the dealer than at home in my garage...

Vetteone

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was really hoping to hear not to look for a new unit ... got a 2108 and gauges have gone nuts from a/c to radio, Bouncing from one to another. 52000 highway miles this sucks. How can there be some many people having problems and jeeps offers nothing. really love this jeep, but guess ill start looking again. This was supposed to be my last new car. Can't imagine what might happen next.. just unbelievable. Thanks a lot.
Sponsored