BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hey Guys,
I just purchased my 2018 JLU last week and today, the UConnect screen started freaking out!. The radio stations started changing, the heat was flipping on and off (including between heat and air cond). It even started making phone calls on it's own as if it was possessed! I did take several videos of it and will post if anyone wants to see it. Has anyone experienced or heard of this? I will be taking it to my dealer after work today.
Thanks
AL
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
There is a thread on it I believe. One other member that I know of, had a similar issue. I don't remember what if any outcome as of yet..

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Post video. And keep us posted

OP
OP
BigAl

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I can't upload video. "no allowed extension". Sorry newbie issues. Any suggestions?

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I can't upload video. "no allowed extension". Sorry newbie issues. Any suggestions?
Just upload it to Youtube and then insert the link into a post using the "Media" icon in the toolbox.

Sorry to hear your troubles. Have you tried unplugging the battery for a bit?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigAl

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just upload it to Youtube and then insert the link into a post using the "Media" icon in the toolbox.

Sorry to hear your troubles. Have you tried unplugging the battery for a bit?
Not yet. Parked it and ran into work. I'll see what happens when I return at the end of the work day. Fingers crossed!

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Not yet. Parked it and ran into work. I'll see what happens when I return at the end of the work day. Fingers crossed!
I’m the guy that has been dealing with it for three weeks. My video is posted in the issues compilation sticky. You are the fourth person I’ve heard it happen to. Corporate has ordered me a new unit and I’m waiting on it to come in. Tell your dealer there is a FCA Star case on the issue, they were expecting more cases.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I’m the guy that has been dealing with it for three weeks. My video is posted in the issues compilation sticky. You are the fourth person I’ve heard it happen to. Corporate has ordered me a new unit and I’m waiting on it to come in. Tell your dealer there is a FCA Star case on the issue, they were expecting more cases.
There we go. On a sideside, @JLU jax I would sit right there and watch the instal! The hell with leaving it with them.

OP
OP
BigAl

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Awesome Thanks! I will definitely speak to my dealer. If you get anymore info on it please let me know! Hopefully it solves the issue.

tbill59

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7; 2018 JLU Sport; 2011 Audi S4; 2014 Nissan Maxima
Happened in my JLU, but only on one occasion - seems to be fine now.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Awesome Thanks! I will definitely speak to my dealer. If you get anymore info on it please let me know! Hopefully it solves the issue.
Maybe the new unit will have the elusive OFF ROAD PAGES.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer

tbill59

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7; 2018 JLU Sport; 2011 Audi S4; 2014 Nissan Maxima
I guess it could be; dealer couldn't find an issue.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I would guess that they started with that..
Sponsored